Support VWWC

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to replace tyres

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by shimee View Post
    I had 4 x F1-A2's fitted 6 weeks ago. They are definitely quieter than the Potenzas, and if all reports are correct the wet weather performance is up there with the best tyres. I drove yesterday in the rain and it felt rock solid.

I don't want to rave about them too highly as of course new rubber is going to be awesome, but I am very happy.
    I had 22000km on the Potenzas btw.

Yeah I'm approaching 21000kms at the moment and they reckon I have another 1000-2000 left on them which would be the same as you.

I've just heard back from Bob Jane and they've quoted me the following:

Goodyear F1-A2 - $800 each!!!
    Michelin Pilot Super Sport - $539
    Pirelli PZero - $540

Jax didn't want to provide a price on the Goodyear at all, they kept putting me off and they pushed me towards the Pirelli Cinturato P1 which is an odd choice - $335.
    Continental Contisport 3 - $349

Contacting these tyre places and the info they feed back gives me the opinion that they don't care what is right for the car, not one branch of these various tyre places has given me the same info.
    Last edited by Scratchyratface; 03-06-2014 at 11:24 AM.
    BMW Z4 (2019)
    Audi TT quattro (2015), s-line in Nano Grey - sold

Users Country Flag
    Generally I don't buy from shops that feed the public/customer with crap like this
    Bob Jane and others are often like that, they are
    a) steering you towards the tyre they want you to buy
    (by making other options unattractive - which they may not even be able to supply)
    b) treating you as a casual inquiry that has a low probability of conversion into a sale
    c) infrequently they make a killing out of uninformed people with more dollars than cents
    You need to let them know you've done your research and know the going rate/price and are ready to buy
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

Users Country Flag
    Calling tyre places seems to be a complete waste of time. Check the prices online at somewhere like Tempe Tyres and then walk into your local and speak to them. You will always get inflated prices on the phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Agree, most shops don't have extensive stocks of tyres to fit the Rocco and seemed to peddle whatever they had easy access to. My 4 f1a2 were 1120 fitted from memory.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

That's not a bad price for 4.
    I spoke to the Croydon Goodyear guys and they've given me a price of $290 per tyre + postage up to QLD. Then I just have to factor fitting, balancing etc on top. Just trying to find somewhere in Brisbane that can get anywhere near that price but I doubt it!
    BMW Z4 (2019)

Users Country Flag
    I just put some Pirelli P-Zero 235/35ZR19 (91Y) on the front of mine. Can't fault them - I got mine fitted $460 each from Bob Jane Castle Hill.

I just found these guys have a sale price of $383 per tyre on them: https://www.tyresales.com.au/checkou...0&q=4#moreinfo

Regards,
    Shane.
    Last edited by shanelord; 29-06-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Hey Shane, I ended up with the Goodyear F1 A2's for $290 each, even with the shipping from Victoria and getting the front two fitted ($25 each) with wheel alignment ($60) it was still cheaper than getting one tyre from Brisbane! Absolutely disgusted with the tyre outlets here. When it comes to replacing the rears I will be doing exactly the same again.
    BMW Z4 (2019)

Users Country Flag
    I thought the tires needed to be 92Y? Sorry overseas at the moment so can't check the car.
    Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Tapatalk

Nah, 91Y on the Sirocco, well mine were
    BMW Z4 (2019)

Users Country Flag

Hi, have orginal Bridgestones still on and driven over 60k on them, looking to replace, but as I will be moving the car on within 12 months maybe save a $1200 by going with a cost effective option such as the ones on the link below.

Anyone got any advice or comments on this?

Achilles ATR Sport Tyres from $149
    Scirocco R - DSG

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast