Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scirocco R Wolfsburg Discussion

Scirocco R Wolfsburg Discussion

"Following a five-year run the Scirocco R will be offered in a final, numbered 150-unit Wolfsburg trim priced from $49,490 (manual) or $51,990 (DSG) plus on-road costs.

"The $3500 premium for the limited edition of the Megane RS-rivalling slinky coupe buys black mirrors, grille and 19-inch alloy wheels, ‘motorsport’ buckets and a badge referencing Volkswagen’s home town of Wolfsburg, as was first featured on the Golf R wagon."

VW Scirocco R Wolfsburg, Passat 206TSI R-Line pricing
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    So do we think a new roc will ever grave our shores? I wonder if such a marginal model might not be a victim of the cost of diesel gate

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    God dammit! If only I'd held off a few months... not happy Jan!
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post
    God dammit! If only I'd held off a few months... not happy Jan!
    Are those mods worth $3,500 ?

Users Country Flag
    Upon further review I'd have to say no.. although I like the seats
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Users Country Flag
    Yeah the seats are awesome, not sure how they go on longer distances??? From the stories online it looks like VW will be investing in 5 more SUV's and I fear we won't see another Scirocco for a while in Oz (if ever). God damn SUV's! Not everyone wants one.
    BMW Z4 (2019)
    Audi TT quattro (2015), s-line in Nano Grey - sold

Users Country Flag
    That's ok by me - it means that the Scirocco will maintain it's place as a sexy and exclusive performance coupe, amongst a sea of mediocre and boring transport appliances :-P
    Previous:

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post
    That's ok by me - it means that the Scirocco will maintain it's place as a sexy and exclusive performance coupe, amongst a sea of mediocre and boring transport appliances :-P
    Agree 100%

But what are your thoughts ??
    If, say in 2017 they stop selling the Scirocco ---- will values go up or down
    Given that they are a rare sight on the road -- I keep getting people ask if it is a new model

I've had mine since beginning of this year (4th January) and have only seen 1 other one on the road since then
    And that includes when I've been driving other cars not just in the Rocc
    Won't be selling mine 'till I stop driving (I'm an old fart)
    Just curious though

Users Country Flag
    I don't think it will make any significant difference either way. It's not like they will be discontinued because they developed a bad reputation or anything. It's just because they weren't a big enough seller, which to me says more about VWA's failure to market the product effectively (same reason the Up! didn't sell well - it was a cracking little car but they didn't tell anyone about it).

I reckon the relative exclusivity may create a bit of a cult status, maybe not in the short term, but as they get older. Especially the current model with the extra goodies and bit more 'muscular' appearance
    Previous:

At least they're giving the Scirocco Wolfsburg some decent seats and not the tacky carbon look fake leather they put in the Golf R / Passat.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast