Support VWWC

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast

Thread: The official I have ordered/received my new Scirocco thread

Users Country Flag

You've probably all seen enough stock Rocs in Rising Blue anyway!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflying View Post
    You've probably all seen enough stock Rocs in Rising Blue anyway!
    Congratulations on the Rocc - Great colour choice
    Can never have too many photos
    But get used to looking at photos as you (well I) don't see them on the road very often
    Had mine since January and only seen one on the road since then
    Rare as rocking horse p## ..... that's what makes them even better IMHO....
    Last edited by Blue103TDIDSG; 18-05-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Laid down my deposit for a new MY16 White DSG Scirocco R this week. Time to trade in the Golf, it's been nearly 5 years and my lease is up at the end of June. It has been by far the best and most enjoyable car I have ever owned or driven. 5 years on and I still look forward to every drive.

Will be bittersweet to see it go, it's something that only a car person would understand but I have a bit of an attachment to the Golf. That said I am looking forward to what the Scirocco has to offer. I really like the minor tweaks to the current model, I think the sharper edges and new wheels give it a much more masculine stance. I also like that the Scirocco is a lot more exclusive. You can't look in any direction in Brisbane without seeing a Golf GTI or R (because they're awesome, obviously) but I don't see many Sciroccos. I think it just looks more sporty and aggressive than the Golf. If the new GTI Clubsport was available in 3 door, my decision might have been different...but there you go.

I already have a few tweaks in mind that I will probably do:
    - Tune (probably Harding Performance stage 1)
    - Racingline cold air intake
    - Cup spoiler (probably painted gloss black)
    - S2TPP paddle shifters

Pretty much the same mods I did to my Golf - nothing serious, just enough to make it really enjoyable to drive without turning it into a cop magnet or compromising day to day comfort and drivability.

What makes me happy is the distinct lack of posts in the Scirocco section of the forum about problems or failures. One good thing about the car being on an older platform with an older engine and drivetrain is that, at least you'd hope, most of the issues would have been ironed out on the production line over the years.
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Users Country Flag
    Congrats on the car! You'll love it.
    Sold mine - a MY13 a couple months ago after 3 years. Had a GIAC tune and Eurojet downpipe, did wonders to performance and sound.
    MY13.5 Scirocco R | Candy White | GIAC | DSG | Roof | Dynaudio |

Users Country Flag
    Cheers, very much looking forward to it, especially once tuned...
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Users Country Flag
    Picked it up today. I love it! Not quite as fast in a straight line as the GTI (yet) but not far off, handles much better, and pulls harder with the bigger turbo. And the sound is awesome! Very meaty! Can't wait to get a Racingline intake and OEM+ tune!
    Previous:

Users Country Flag
    Congratulations, they are awesome fun (better with a tune). You'll find a lot of people asking you what the car is, I still get at least 1 person a month asking me and that's after 3 years of ownership.
    BMW Z4 (2019)
    Audi TT quattro (2015), s-line in Nano Grey - sold

Users Country Flag
    Yeah I was expecting it to be pretty much the same as the GTI to drive, but it's substantially different, generally for the good. Handles like it's in rails, far superior to the GTI. Yes it's rougher but who cares. It's a sports car...

And the appearance is just that much more sporty, aggressive and unique compared to the Golf. The facelift with the new wheels and sharper lines makes all the difference too in my opinion. Plus all the standard features like satnav, reverse camera, gauge pod on the dash etc. All adds up to an exceptionally good value performance sports car.

Will wait until I get bored of the stock power before I tune it but I am told to expect around 250kW+ with the Racingline OEM+ tune and intake. That'll make for a hell of a ride
    Last edited by Tobes_WIR35; 20-06-2016 at 06:32 PM.
    Previous:

Users Country Flag
    yeah its better value now than when I bought mine (in the days where they wanted $3k+ for sat nav). There was a brand new green Scirocco at the dealer when I picked mine up, all options (I think was only sunroof and sat nav at that time) and they wanted $65k driveaway! Some of the dealers in QLD (not just VW) make me laugh with what they are asking.
    BMW Z4 (2019)
    Audi TT quattro (2015), s-line in Nano Grey - sold

Users Country Flag

I got mine for $46,500 including upping the manufacturer warranty to 5 years. RRP was $54k. And no it wasn't a demo model, brand new with 20km on it. I couldn't have bought a GTI PP for that money and in my opinion the Rocco is so much cooler and better value at that price
    Previous:

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast