Thread: Interior seat options

Interior seat options

Hi guys,

This is my first post, though have been checking out the site for the past year or so... There are some great looking cars on here!

Now I have had my roc for just over a year and still love it - the only gripe I have is with the interior - I still can't believe VW didn't offer a leather option...?

Has anyone changed their seats, had them recovered or bought the leather replacement covers? I love the golf R optional leather buckets but can't warrant $5500!

Cheers
    Simon

Users Country Flag
    definitely agree with that, wish we had the option for upgraded leather recaros.

I received a quote from trimtechnik.net in the UK for a full leather kit including the door panels for £750 plus freight which I thought was pretty reasonable...

Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    Has anyone changed their seats, had them recovered or bought the leather replacement covers? I love the golf R optional leather buckets but can't warrant $5500!
    Have a read of this thread: Recaro seats
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    I received a quote from trimtechnik.net in the UK for a full leather kit including the door panels for £750 plus freight which I thought was pretty reasonable...
    That wasn't the OEM recaros though right?

Users Country Flag

planning to get leather done when get my R

Hi guys,

This is my first post, though have been checking out the site for the past year or so... There are some great looking cars on here!

Now I have had my roc for just over a year and still love it - the only gripe I have is with the interior - I still can't believe VW didn't offer a leather option...?

Cheers
    Simon
    planning to get seats converted to leather ~ mid March. Will let you know how it goes.

Users Country Flag
    Would love to see pics once it's done!

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru View Post
    planning to get seats converted to leather ~ mid March. Will let you know how it goes.

Just digging up an old thread... I've got a contract on a Scirocco with the stock seats, however there is another car at the same dealership with the factory leather. Wondering if there is any feedback on the leather seats option that was available from MY15 onwards - other than everyone else earlier wishing that they had them

Also wondering if anyone went down the retrimming path and how that turned out.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build