Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Insurance for Scirocco

Yup, just do your own homework/research on the relevant laws, or walk into the transport department office seeking clarifications and proper advise. I believe the issue now is not about whether or not you are allowed to drive in Australia, but more about whether you're recognized as a P-plater or a full-licensed driver. In which case of the former, the Roc R might be illegal for you.
    H&R 35mm Springs, VMR 705s, Dark Tints, CREE LED Reverse Bulbs, LED Interior Lights

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzydumb View Post
    Yup, just do your own homework/research on the relevant laws, or walk into the transport department office seeking clarifications and proper advise. I believe the issue now is not about whether or not you are allowed to drive in Australia, but more about whether you're recognized as a P-plater or a full-licensed driver. In which case of the former, the Roc R might be illegal for you.
    He did and has and is a fully licensed driver from another country and is not classed as a P because he doesn't have an Australian licence. It is all set out in the relevant rule I have already posted. He has had the correct ADVICE although it took a while to finally get the facts.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Insurance

My insurance is up for renewal.. VW Insurance (Allianz I believe) which is at $1500..
    Payed $1200 when I bought it cos the dealer absorbed the taxes.. Car is also with VW Finance..
    This has replacement on writeoff/theft for three years plus windscreen..
    No rental car (which is weird not to include), no mods, no restricted drivers..

I know I have to compare with other providers for my Age, location, classification, etc..
    Last year I got quotes around $1500 mark from Aami and Youi.. I think less years on replacement..

My brother is on Toyota Insurance when he bought a similar valued car brand new has been paying less than $1000...
    A Rocco requires that much of a premium for parts, etc?

I'm not planning on mods anytime soon..
    If you guys don't mind.. I thought to ask fellow Rocco owners your current Insurance company and premium?
    Or your thoughts on the high premium for our cars..

Plus it I think it also depends on peace of mind for easy claims process.. Allianz is supposed to be one of the best?
    Scirocco R '15 DSG
    Rising Blue, Leather, Panoramic Roof

Users Country Flag
    Postcode, age, make, model, colour, driving history, garage or carport, insured value, finance & base excess are all factors on the premium.
    Youi charge $395 for our Silver Jetta, but wanted $850 for a black one, colour was the only difference.

You will not really be able to compare other people's quotes as many of those factors will be different.
    E.g. what would be the point of comparing an 18yo male parks on street with finance vs a 48yo female gated property locked garage no finance.

You'd be best to pour a glass of wine and get online quotes from all the insurers you can find.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the reply JustCruisn.. I am in the process of getting quotes..
    I just thought I'd ask to get some idea on other Rocco owner's experience..
    Scirocco R '15 DSG

Users Country Flag
    As already mentioned it all depends on post code, garaged, male/female, age, driving history etc
    I got mine early last month and best of the big 4 was NRMA
    2 years new replacement, glass cover and nominated drivers with 60% NCB
    chose no rental car as we have another car
    cost was about $460, but that included a $100 on line discount - so expecting next year will be dearer
    hope that helps

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Blue103TDIDSG..
    Ended up going with Allianz.. who is actually the underwriter for VW..

$300 less and includes rental car for 21 days ($100 daily) and no claim protection in case of one claim by my fault..

The difference is that the new for old in case of write off is not valid anymore.. But I am satisfied with the agreed value..

Next was RACV and AAMI.. (comparing same excess and options)
    It was a weird experience with the high quotes cos I have had no claims and am over 25 with full license..
    Ah well.. At least for me VW Insurance is not worth for the new car replacement.. They reeled me in initially by waving the extra fees for the first year..

Lesson: Do all possible research, get quotes and think of renewal when purchasing insurance..
    Scirocco R '15 DSG

Users Country Flag
    Also increasing your Excess can in many cases drop the price quite a bit. It's only if you are up for it. As above shop around.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    MY15 TIGUAN 130TDI R-LINE - Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag

I've used progressive on my Sirocco for the last 4 years and they have been fine. Was only paying 600 a year on average (was 27 when I got it new). I have a clean driving history and live in QLD so not sure how much difference that makes but AAMI wanted about $1200. I've not had to make a claim but my flat mate did for his VW Caddy and it was pretty seamless. All online though so if you like the soft and fuzzy touch of speaking with someone then might not be for everyone.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910