Thread: Headlight issue

Users Country Flag

Headlight issue

Have a problem with the headlights. Essentially i don't think the throw is even more than a few metres in front of the car!

I checked manual and know we don't have a manual adjust slide and therefore assume it is part of dynamic controls or something.

I had the front bumper replaced earlier in the year and not sure if that the issue. I live in Mlb so usually brightly lit streets but tonight was on dark side street and the throw seriously is low. Problem has been around for some time.

My car is heavily modified so not keen to go back to VW if easy fix myself.

Any help, much appreciated!

Users Country Flag
    Good question and I also would love an answer.

Mine not to bad but would like to extend a tad further.

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    Check the headlight fluid, it's probably low.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

It can be adjusted via that white internal hex screw on the top of each headlight unit. What I did with mine was to mark a spot on my garage wall and adjust each accordingly then take a drive and see if they met my requirements.
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mr gee View Post
    It can be adjusted via that white internal hex screw on the top of each headlight unit. What I did with mine was to mark a spot on my garage wall and adjust each accordingly then take a drive and see if they met my requirements.
    Thanks for your post. I have also read that by doing so manually you can disengage the auto turning light function....

Quote Originally Posted by carbyfed View Post
    Thanks for your post. I have also read that by doing so manually you can disengage the auto turning light function....
    the bi-zenons on Sciroccos do not have the auto turning function (unlike the Golfs). All it's got is a halogen bulb for that
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT