Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General maintenance questions

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonafern View Post
    Build date was august 2014. I purchased august 2015. Anyway I called Volkswagen and they said it's optional to change oil/service in between service dates.

I only do 4000 kms per six months so I think it should be fine to change oil once a year? I'll drain the excess oil out this weekend.

Thx again

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    If it was built in Aug 2014 the oil is 18months old, If it is longlife it will be OK if not I would change it.But thats just me.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Maybe you have resolved already..
    If you bought it brand new take it to the dealer for any issues including too much oil..

I was asked to come in at 7500KM, or anytime I noticed the oil getting low, for free oil topup as these engines are known to burn oil...
    I had my 15000km service with the dealer as well.. Just cos it helps warranty + resale..
    Scirocco R '15 DSG
    Rising Blue, Leather, Panoramic Roof

Users Country Flag

I would expect that the service interval would be reset to zero just before delivery. This is a part of getting the car prepared for delivery. When I picked up my Tiguan, it had 365 days to service, maybe they forgot to reset. If the car was not used in any way, it should be 1 year from taking delivery, not when the dealer received it.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    MY15 TIGUAN 130TDI R-LINE - Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12