Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9.5j ET35 or ET45

Users Country Flag

9.5j ET35 or ET45

Hi guys

Anyone have experiencing running 9.5 wide rims on the scirocco? With 255 rubber, will I experiencing any rubbing lowered with H&R springs 30-35mm.

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    if i was kenny rogers i'd place my money on yes, they will scrub...

as far as i know the s3's have a simliar set up and my car with 30mm hr springs and 18" 7.5 et34 with 225 rubber scrubs on the back slightly with just me in the vehicle...

Quote Originally Posted by alexhl View Post
    Hi guys

Anyone have experiencing running 9.5 wide rims on the scirocco? With 255 rubber, will I experiencing any rubbing lowered with H&R springs 30-35mm.

Thanks
    They will not RUB. Running 9.5 ET35 with the 255/30 profile tyres all round is the ideal combination to be safe at that ride height. Variance to stock is about -1.8% in circumference. Tyres will be flush to the guard without requiring aggressive camber.

They have a lot more room to current S3's which can only run 235 tyres max on an aggressive offset.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi Kevin

Thanks for that. I saw something about it rubbing with the ACC lines, did you experience this at all when you had the above setup?

Users Country Flag
    i suppose i should stick to answering questions that are car specific...

nice rocco rev 555, its how i'd like my s3 one day when i get bigger balls and deeper pockets...

Quote Originally Posted by alexhl View Post
    Hi Kevin

Thanks for that. I saw something about it rubbing with the ACC lines, did you experience this at all when you had the above setup?
    I am actually running a 265 tyre and I had slight rubbing issues initially when the car was at full lock. I rubbed on the inner guard lining and also came preety close to the brake hose. I fixed this by putting a 3mm spacer at the front so essentially I am running an ET32. My car is very low so the rear has a bit of camber dialed in. Its the biggest tyre wheel combination you can run on the Scirocco, hence I recommend you go a 255 set up for a daily driver and have no issues. It will still look pretty aggressive.

As Kev said, 255 will not rub. Perfect fitment with et35

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    i suppose i should stick to answering questions that are car specific...

nice rocco rev 555, its how i'd like my s3 one day when i get bigger balls and deeper pockets...
    All good mate you just need to flare the guards a bit

Users Country Flag
    Yep... exactly as Kevin says.. and you wont have any issues.
    I am running 265x30x19 on 10 inch rim (rear) with a 32 offset and I have not rubbed at all...
    The H&R springs are a touch lower the the Eibach I have but with 255's you will be sweet.

With 8.5 or 9 inch rims you could use 255x35 with no rubbing... plus a slightly better ride quality.
    Candy White Scirocco R DSG with Panoramic Sunroof and RNS510 Sat Nav, tint
    Cup Rear Spoiler, VMR V718 GM rims, APR Tuned, Brembo 6 pot BBK, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Low line RVC, Exhaust flap delete

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks guys

In light of that - I've decided to go with 8.5j ET35 and 255 rubber for the better ride and easier to sell later as 8.5j rims can accomodate Golfs and S3s. Would've liked to go with 9.5j for the more concave design but only TTs and Sciroccos can handle that width

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast