Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A few issues

do a quick search on google on clutch stuck down on golf and you will see a few people have had the same issue and some options.
    For me, i'd just get it to a dealer as it would be covered under warranty.
    If you cant drive it there, you have road side assist so can get it towed there for nothing

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yes the plan is to get the car towed to my workshop tomorrow. Ill get them to assess it and then make a call on whether or not to go to the dealer for warranty (means paying for the mods to be removed first to avoid VW rejecting it), or to just have them do the work to fix.

I did google and if its the CSC it sounds like a very labour intensive job.

I'm thinking I'll change workshops after all this is done. They damaged my car putting it on the hoist while fixing the previously mentioned cooling issue last week. It was damage to the underside of the side skirt. They were decent enough to fess up about it when its not even visible unless under the car, and will be getting it repaired at their expense. It still makes me wonder if anything else might have been impacted. Apparently they use boards to get cars as low as mine on the hoist and one of them sprang up under the car and cracked the plastics.

hopefully it all gets sorted for you and you can start enjoying the car again.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Guys,
    Seeking your advice.

If ones clutch fails and the mechanic repairs it by replacing the master cylinder, to the tune of $750 dollars, and I picked it up and the exact issue was occuring only 500m up the road so had to return the car to workshop, would you expect that payment to be refunded? I am now faced with the prospect of further investigation and repairs, possibly the slave cylinder which requires the entire transmission to be removed. Given the fault was not resolved at all, shouldnt they offer to refund me this money?

What's the position on this?

sorry to hear mate.
    I sure would be pissed off big time, personally i would have tried my luck with VW first under warranty.

I am not sure where you stand with this, but man i do feel for you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123