Thread: End of the Scirocco

Users Country Flag

End of the Scirocco

Sadly the end is nigh.....
    http://www.motoring.com.au/vw-farewe...irocco-103478/

Will the end of new sales make ours worth more or less ?
    What are your thoughts ?

Probably won't affect me that much as I will keep mine till I stop driving (I'm an old fart)
    Even then resale will be what it will be
    Would still have got it had they announced the withdrawal earlier

Users Country Flag
    I think it will keep resale quite strong. One of the biggest killers for resale value is the release of a new model...

I actually kinda like the fact they've stopped making them. I see maybe 2 or 3 Sciroccos a week, hardy any facelift models. I like that. I love the Golf GTI/R but in Brisbane every direction you look you see one. I often get people ogling the Scirocco and asking me what it is.
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

It does however leave the door open for the Golf 3 door sometime in 2017.

Yes I'd thought the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 door GTI and/or R sometime after the end of the Scirocco.

VWA will be looking for something to bump sales numbers (or at least get foot traffic in the showrooms). Maybe they'll include a 3-door option with the 7.5 mid-life update.... and then again knowing VWA maybe they won't.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    It would be smart for them to do. If they had a 3 door GTI PP or R I would possibly have gone down that road instead of the Scirocco.
    I did not want a 5 door.
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

I think there's always a market for a 3 door hatch. It's not a big market but there's definitely a market there.

VW has always had something to fill this niche, and I'm sure that's the thinking in head office when they're looking to rationalize the build program/development is that 90% of Scirocco customers would probably buy a 3 door Golf if the Roc wasn't there. So in reality they're not losing that many sales by not having it in the range.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    I'm sad to see the end, worried about parts availability but happy that our beautiful cars are going to be rarer.. A 3 door Golf just won't give me the same feeling...
    Scirocco R '15 DSG
    Rising Blue, Leather, Panoramic Roof

Seems like a mistake to me. I went Scirocco over a Golf R, because the Golf shape is far too common. I suppose if i had to have a Golf GTI or R, I'd buy a 3 door but most likely i would be shopping for another brand... Coincidentally shopping for a new car atm, Selling Scirocco, but not shopping VW.