Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone own a Dealer Car from the first batch? December 2011?

Users Country Flag

Angry Anyone own a Dealer Car from the first batch? December 2011?

Hi Guys,
    I bought my car back in December 2011 and it was actually meant to be dealer car (Gosford) as the first batches were being delivered.

Has one else bought a car that was meant to be the display? My car is dated 12/11.

I am having an absolute nightmare with the car and I wonder if there are other people who have the dealer car as well?

I am on nearly 47,000KMs.
    I spend around three hours a day driving the car. Always in traffic, start stop, city driving, Sydney city car parks so lots of slow moving parking ramps everyday. Some freeway driving, but that also ends near peak times so still slow moving some times.

Thanks,
    MJ

What sort of issues are you experiencing?

Mine's a first batch car and it's been reliable from the get go
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Users Country Flag
    I have one, no probs with mine, I am on Central Coast as well and do simliar driving with around 40k on the clock
    Scirocco R - DSG

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Angry

Thanks Guys,

So far:
    * Side Mirrors didn't unfold for around 10 seconds after switch flick - fixed

* Driver side window sometimes does not go down - Still broken
    * Passengers side window while going up sometimes goes back down at a random stage - Still broken

* DSG/Acceleration - No response from the car - Happened on 4 occasions - from the first couple of months till just recently.
    * Twice at a roundabout. Slowing down at roundabout and then accelerate to go out and nothing happens for a second or so. (Imagine if you have rolled into the roundabout and there is a truck coming your way)
    * Once on just putting my foot down uphill, I felt no response from the car and I was loosing speed after about a second. Power kicked in, it down shifted and we were back on our merry way.
    * Once coming up at set of lights, rolling towards the red lights, lights turn green. I flat foot it and nothing happened. After about a second, full throttle, Torque steer, ESC kicks in and back on full power. This was bad as there was a parked car in my lane and I didn't have enough room now to stop (As I was at full throttle). I had to hold power down and duck into the other lane as late as I could.
    * No Faults found after multiple visits to different service departments over many months - Still broken

* Clicking/Thuds from the DSG when slowly reversing. I heard these a few times and reported to dealership services. Checked and No Faults found at service, I haven't heard these again lately. - fixed (I hope)

* No Start. Car died twice and had to call Road Side assist each time to start the car. After the second dead car, Road Side (NRMA) replaced the battery. The car is only 1.5 years old.- fixed (I hope)

* Engine Warning Light
    * Have been to three service departments and also called Road Side assistance to check.
    * The Light has been on every time before going to service, then cleared at service department.
    * First time it came on, I pulled over and went back home. Next day called around, Blacktown could see the car on the day so I drove it there. Before I got there, the light had gone. Blacktown told me not to worry as it has reset itself.
    * Second time was a few days later. Hornsby VW had the car while they were respraying the front bar (They ran into parking divider thing). They kept the car for a few days and said they replaced a PCV and the warning was gone. They were still not sure what caused it.
    * Third time, about a week later, driving back from Canberra the light comes back. Hornsby cannot look at the car for about a week as they cannot give me a loan car. I called VW Headoffice to open a case as I cannot keep taking the car back and forth. VW Customer care originally suggested that I shouldn't drive the car while I wait for Hornsby to see it next week. (Crazy huh!)
    * No one was willing to take my car while I was on 5 weeks holidays, so it stayed in my garage for that time. I offered VW Headoffice that I can leave the car with any of their dealers and that gives them ample time to test and troubleshoot. It was deemed to risky to leave the car at dealers by VW.
    * After coming back from holidays I dropped the car off on Wednesday, service kept it till Tuesday the week after. I didn't drive it on Wednesday. Drove it on Thursday and on Friday the light came back.- Still broken

Now the light is still on and I was told on Friday just take it straight back to Service. I was no where near Five Dock and had a full day of work ahead of me. I called VW Headoffice, asked about my open case again and was told someone will call in the next 48 hours. In the meantime call Roadside and get them to check the car.

I called VW multiple times on Friday and Monday and finally I was able to get my case manager to call me today! Response: Take it back to service and they can't organise a rental car yet, maybe on Wednesday.

I am all for getting things fixed but come on! How many times do I ask to move meetings at work so that I can take my car in? How many times do I change my plans and go home as the car is playing up? I have work all day tomorrow now what do I do?

Now Service said that the warning light is due to my car being too quick! They said that the car has too much turbo boost and it is quicker than standard car. They claimed that its chipped! WTF?! So now my car is this magically thing that is quicker than all the other Scirocco's with a magical chip! On top of this, they said, if VW think that the car is chipped there is no warranty!?

Every service I have been to, I have asked them to check something as something always happens.
    It might be another incident of no power, a DSG thud or windows etc. My car is a joke!

On top of this I had one of my rubber seal on one of the doors coming off (near the window), one day I saw yellow powder on the inside of my door and as I was checking if it was dirt. I saw that my rubber seal was lifting and the yellow stuff must have been the glue. Took it to service and they said it was normal and just glued it back.

Also, it was pointed out that I have burn marks on the headlights! The Xenon are running too hot? How does that happen? I have them on Auto and I looked through the manual and there is nothing else to do here.

VW thinks it perfectly fine for me to keep dropping the car off and picking it up as long as it takes. Over and Over again. Putting everything else aside. I have had the engine warning light on 5 times, been to dealers three times and still no closer to a fix. Its pathetic.

Last one, My DSG box has been reset to factory twice. Before my last service I started to notice that the down shifts with the paddles were no longer smooth. It seemed like engine/ECU was every-now and then missing the right rev for the downshift. This would lead to fairly rough shift and you can feel it. I was told this could be due to the adaptive nature of the DSG and it expected me to do something different thus the rev/shift mismatch. I have no idea if the DSG learns your driving?
    Last edited by preeman; 23-09-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Hey Preeman
    Sorry to hear about all the issues with your Roc... I can well imagine that to be a real PITA as well as a massive disappointment.
    Keep pushing VWA is about all I can suggest... keep taking it up the ladder.
    As for them suggesting to you that you have chipped it.. ask them to show you the screen on their diagnostics where it shows the number of times the ECU has been flashed.... dont let them tell you they cant see it.. Reality is it should only be 1 unless they have re-flashed it trying to solve your issues... Now each re-flash should also have a time stamp so in the event of you needing to take it further... this would be evidence.
    And dont let them tell you that because it is more powerful (we know it isnt) than others this is causing the problems... there are a heap of other Rocs out there... standard, lightly modified and heavily modified that are not having any issues.

Hope you get it sorted quickly and get to enjoy your Roc again....
    Candy White Scirocco R DSG with Panoramic Sunroof and RNS510 Sat Nav, tint
    Cup Rear Spoiler, VMR V718 GM rims, APR Tuned, Brembo 6 pot BBK, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Low line RVC, Exhaust flap delete

I think it's time to change your service agent if they can feed you such drivel. I sometimes test the service centre with snippets of tech and see if they know their stuff or bull**** themselves out.

Don't expect to understand the multitude of problems you are experiencing but the window problem has been reported for Audi TTs and Beetles just Googgle.

It might even be as simple as getting someone to unplug and re-connect the central bus of the car system. I had a mish mash of light failures and this fixed it. I also do this to radio when I had inflight radio issues during my flying day with a high degree of success. just make sure you pull the fuse first
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Users Country Flag
    That's a terrible history. Reminds me of my BMW135i which was a regular at Stillwell's service. My solution after 2 years was to get rid. My R, touch wood has been great. It wasn't an early ship though it arrived late April 2012.

Not sure why an early shipped car would be the issue ss VW had been building Roc R's for over a year before deliveries stated here. Maybe more a case of bad luck?
    Scirocco: Indium Grey, DSG, pana roof, Sat/Nav, Dynaudio, VWR springs and APR stage 1. Now sold
    Arriving April 17 Audi S3 sedan, Panther black, S-tronic, PP2, pano, matrix lights, assistance pack, 40:20:40 seats, mirror pack, light inlays

Tiguan: Tiguan 162TSI, DAP and pano in Habanero

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by preeman View Post
    * Passengers side window while going up sometimes goes back down at a random stage - Still broken
    Mine is a first batch car the same as yours as well and I can say I've had this issue with both Drivers side and Passengers side windows.
    However the issue is very random for me and hasn't happened for some time now.

Sucks that you have these issues with such an amazing vehicle
    Rising Blue Scirocco R DSG
    Mods: VWR Springs, VWR Panel Filter, Tint and Exhaust Flapper Mod

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks guys,

Couple of other things:
    * I had to get the drivers side armrest replaced, the top of the armrest started to bubble away from the actual armrest. - fixed
    * Sounds like replacing the armrest required some of the trim to be opened? Now I have my top twitter rattling away with music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast