Support VWWC

Thread: Windscreen Leak

Windscreen Leak

Hey all, so with all the rain we've had lately my windscreen or something is leaking like a b****.. My drivers footwell flooded like crazy. If it's just the seal that's alright cause I need a new windscreen anyway.. But is it from this? not sure if that's a cause for a leak but any help would be nice thanks!
    '98 Golf Mk3 4 Door

Users Country Flag
    It's not from that, I actually removed all that rubber. That rubber is just to stop crap from entering your drip tray. Water goes down there into the drip tray and drains off on both sides. Your sides could be blocked, check by pouring water down there and it should drain. If it doesn't then it could be building up and somehow entering your foot wells.
    Past - '95 VW Golf MK3 VR6
    Present - '11 Ford Focus LW Diesel (PSA DW10C)

Clean out Wheel arches. Make sure door drains aren't blocked. Do you have a sunroof? If so check the drains to that.

Windscreen Leak

Alright thanks heaps I'll give those a try after work and let you know. I haven't got a sunroof so that's no problem, cheers!
    '98 Golf Mk3 4 Door

I have same problem I've checked both and there not blocked and if it's heavy rain it gets the front driver foot well and driver rear foot well as we'll no sunroof

Users Country Flag

with all the heave rain we have had lately, could be anything. I have no leaks what s ever, yet over the last week with the torrential rain we have been having, seems water is leaking through my roof, not much but there. Dried out quickly and gone. Have hosed for long period of times, (located near the sunroof) not a drop. Could be as simple as too much heavy rain, water needs ot go someone.....who knows