Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Passion Garage MK3 Coupe

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    When the motor was in the 4 door.
    Talking before Nick and James and before Dean who had it before them.
    Even know the two owners of the vr before that
    Yeah will be at Vits, hopefully you can bring the two door
    ahhhhhhh right i get what you mean now dylan haha, sorry for the confusion haha and yea il be bringing it down if i can rego it this week haha
    Passion Garage
    - Grab Stickers/Merch - We can also source parts, refurb wheels, install Coilovers -

Cool big update

wow so a lot has happened in almost 8 months, and i completely forgot i had a thread for this car

so here we go

so i went to its and met up with some pretty rad people

then after Vits i decided to change over the bumpers and wing and few other trim bits as well, i polished up the good side of the car as best as possible and tried repairing the outer door trims back to black as well but i ended up pulling them off

anyways Fitted Friday came around ( farking terrible ) so good ol raymond let me borrow some wheels for the event i ended up liking them so much i bought them off him with his help and now i have a set of BBS RM001's in original 4x100
    but before then the boys test fitted nicks RS's on the golf and it looked awesome !!!

Specs follow - BBS RM001 4x100 15x8.5" +0 on the fronts and 15x9"-6 on the rears, so they poke a bit but nothing that cant be fixed some rear camber shims and front camber plates

i got sick of looking at the **** side trims so then i pulled them off and i plan on either painting them to the same colour as the car or just redoing them in gloss black
    Passion Garage
    - Grab Stickers/Merch - We can also source parts, refurb wheels, install Coilovers -

i also picked up a genuine heckeblnde, which really looks awesome and blends really well with the vr6 tails and the colour of the car

So life goes on i ended up putting a deposit down for the voomeran kit which includes flares, wing and front lip
    but still haven't gotten around to paying the rest of it so it can be shipped
    but then one saturday arvo I'm leaving work and driving a bit too fast someone pulls out infront of me and i serve and hit a nice big hole in the road and slam the car into the ground

then my oil pressure light comes on and then my motor goes boom....

as you can see the sump never cracked it just pushed up so far that it bent and shattered the oil pick up !!

so i put a new sump and oil pick up on for testing purposes

So life goes on i ended up putting a deposit down for the voomeran kit which includes flares, wing and front lip
    but still haven't gotten around to paying the rest of it so it can be shipped
    but then one saturday arvo I'm leaving work and driving a bit too fast someone pulls out infront of me and i serve and hit a nice big hole in the road and slam the car into the ground

then my oil pressure light comes on and then my motor goes boom....

as you can see the sump never cracked it just pushed up so far that it bent and shattered the oil pick up !!

so i put a new sump and oil pick up on for testing purposes

i also cleaned out the rain tray and that whilst the car wasn't going anywhere anytime soon haha and in goes a new scented cabin filter, lol even tho i don't have aircon !!

Passion Garage

so after replacing the oil pick up and realising the bearings are defiantly gone i strip the motor and find that my bearings were completley cooked

so i started to rebuild the motor
    lots of time and money
    and i rebuilt it all my hand all by myself ( perks of being a mechanic I'm able to use my skills haha ) it was my first ever motor build so I'm pretty proud for how it turned out
    and it runs as well haha runs really well !!

so I'm back to work on the 15th of jan and ill be able to finish off a few things then VDUBBN.3 will be back on the road

So during the motor build

i got a spare block and head off stu
    i ended up using the crank from the spare block and all the pistons from the spare block as well

all new piston rings
    all new main bearings
    all new big end bearings
    all the new main cap bolts
    all new Piston cap bolts
    all new headbolts
    I stayed with the standard mk3 head gasket as i was getting pinging with the mk4 one installed originally
    brand new water pump
    brand new oil pump

Brand new timing chains and guides

lots of other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting

and so after all of that i was able to turn the key and she runs !!

so not long now til I'm ripping around in it again
    Passion Garage

So as the story goes on I'm going to be Repainting the BBS White

i also was able to pick myself up a very very nice BBS Steering wheel for the low price of $450 haha and a boss kit off ray again ( bloody legend )

the BBS should be able make the interior look a bit nicer as well and will replace my bora steering wheel
    I've also got a new shift knob GTI golf Ball haha

I've also got a badgeless grille coming from ray as well which should hopefully look pretty sweet
    also got some free roof racks coming as well ( if i do ever decide to put them on I've got a travel pod that i would use for work and i would actually use the racks for when i head to the beach and what not )

as for the paint I'm watching my Crypto currency make some nice free money so once I've got some more moneys coming through there that will pay for my paint and the rest of the voomeran wide body as well !!
    Passion Garage

no one reads these bloody forums anymore but anyways
    vits is on next weekend so eh ill try and update this now and everyone can see the finished product at VITS

so since i last updated this thread a lot has happened

until i have some good time to put more effort into this thread here is what i have for you

i am now the proud owner of the first EuroMagic/Voomeran Car in Australia and the first "widebody" ( fender flares same s h i t who gives a f u c k )

( CLICK ON VIDEO TO WATCH ME CHOPPING GAURDS )

20180412_185545 by brad edwards, on Flickr

The car/body kit is far from being done there is still lots to do !!

20180407_161520 by brad edwards, on Flickr

20180407_161510 by brad edwards, on Flickr

20180412_173512 by brad edwards, on Flickr

20180412_185525 by brad edwards, on Flickr

20180412_185523 by brad edwards, on Flickr

Fitment still isn't dialled in haha

20180407_125305 by brad edwards, on Flickr

i have 225/50/15 tires coming tomorrow that are being fitted to my now white BBS RM001's

lots an lots more as well, i will keep this thread updated more and more as i will have some more spare time these days !!
    Passion Garage

Should have gone with a 195/45 or a 205/45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HaydEn View Post
    Should have gone with a 195/45 or a 205/45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yea, if you saw my instagram post, a 215/45 would of been perfect

i had 195/45 on the bbs originally but too much stretch and i didn't like the fitment with the guards
    unfortunately theres nothing i can do now but make these 225/50's work, it looks very chunky but i guess its all fun and games/ trial and error
    Passion Garage

And it's still got CL brakes?
    Widebody Cayman S Turbo, 83 ur Quattro
    2000 996 C4 cab,12 Scirocco R OEM+ STG2+
    72 914 (3.2S boxster pwr), 92 G60 Corrado
    76 Scirocco(TFSI and DSG) 2018 Tiguan,Eureka,81 924.

Quote Originally Posted by aprr32 View Post
    And it's still got CL brakes?
    hahaha indeed it does !!
    doesn't go fast enough yet for bigger brakes
    Passion Garage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast