Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Mk3 R32 v2

Interesting, out of the 6 mk3’s I’ve had none of them have had a cap. Think one didn’t have a float at all and just a solid lid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Apologies, I am just one of those weird guys with CDO (its like OCD but in alphabetical order ).

I assume some of the earlier or overseas imported Mk3s may not have had the brake fluid level sensor hence your experience with a cap without the float and sensor attachment. The Mk3s are now 20+ years old, so I think my CL is probably the abnormal one with an intact rubbery plastic top to the cap.

I actually have to find an OEM Eurovox Mk3 radio because the Vento has an aftermarket CD playing one with a remote control and all sorts of fancy lights on it (but looks out of place compared to the simple OEM radio/cassette player). The Vento just looks wrong without the OEM radio. My father-in-law agrees with me and is finding the fancy CD player to be difficult to operate on the go because the buttons/text are much smaller, making it difficult to operate.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

My purge kit finally arrived which signifies the last purchase to arrive/be installed.

So quickly installed that this arvo and finished up the activation switch wiring.

I have now successfully made a F&F MK3....

Coloured buttons everywhere!

Purge solenoid mounted off the nitrous solenoid.

I’m using the washer jet as the purge exit for that OEM touch.

So now if I’m not mistaken it is, cable tie front bumper on, lower rear of car a bit more, buy a radiator cap and fill it up with water.

I do still have to make the fuel feed hose for the fuel solenoid, but I will do that one arvo this week.

Users Country Flag
    Nice OEM radio head unit blanking plate.

Don't forget to strip out the passenger airbag to save a bit more weight
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI

Quote Originally Posted by feenix74 View Post
    Nice OEM radio head unit blanking plate.

Don't forget to strip out the passenger airbag to save a bit more weight
    Thanks man! They are a cool piece.

Already gone, just the dash cover in place.

Nos nos nos!

So close!!

Mk3 R32 v2

Made the hose sometime last week.

Go to take it around the block, no start. Chase that issue around for a few days. Back to stock injectors and the old map. Still no good. Diagnose diagnose diagnose. Turned out to be the oem round connector in the engine bay not connecting the coil signal wires. So it had coil power which is why it showed spark (but sparked constantly)

Driveway cleared for 10 minutes of Golf’s for the first time in a fair while!

Quick putt around to fill it up tonight. Gets tuned next week. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by HaydEn; 14-12-2017 at 07:33 AM.

So it got tuned the other week.

Made basically the same power as it did on small cams and the schrick intake manifold. However it is back on stock ported downpipes.

Also, was on a stinking hot day and as seen on the screen, intake temps were 42c.

So i’m happy with that, made power all the way out to 7400rpm too!

Now the bad stuff, nitrous solenoids we’re playing up on the day and something is wrong with the throttle cable so couldn’t get any part throttle stuff done. So it drives like ****, until it’s on wot then it’s not bad!

Disheartened at the moment but will come back around to it at some stage.

Users Country Flag

Keep your chin up, you have gotten it this far. Take a breath and smell the roses before coming back to it refreshed to tackle it again.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast