Thread: MK 3 build.

MK 3 build.

Hi,

I am rebuilding a golf and the donor car is a toledo which was crashed but mechanically great.
    i have discovered that the Toledo's 2E won't go in where the ADY was due to not having a crank angle sensor.
    The suspension is new and will go in soon.

My big question is: The golf doesn't have ABS, how difficult would it be to and is it possible to fit the ABS from the Toledo to the golf? Where is the electronic control box for the ABS fitted and would it be removable and retrofittable to the golf? All the hardware should crossover fairly easily, involving fitting the ABS pump and sensors and leads from the toledo to the golf. This would be time consuming but that is irrelevant really.

cheers,

Swarz.

Users Country Flag
    Welcome and good luck with the build.

My 96 Vento GL has ABS but my 97 Golf CL does not. So depends which model/year your Golf Mk3 is that may determine how much work there is to fit the ABS to it. If my memory serves me correctly, the Golf Mk3 ABS unit lives under the seat of the rear seat. Not sure if it is in the same spot for the Toledo.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

The ABS unit is under the back seat of the SEAT, does anyone have any experience in retro-fitting ABS and what might be involved in getting it to work?