Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: hello i have a 96 red 5 speed golf cabriolet

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Hi ki11z- thanks for your offer on the roof switch, I will first muck around a bit to what I can do before troubling you

Hawk- you suggest for my door window problem to look at the window regulator. I guess this is the electronics module? That seems to make sense so far because I find it unlikely that both window switches right and left would fail at the same time.

Paulie71. I like the idea of getting to know more about the ecu and codes. Do you know exactly what it can and cannot read? I assume it is just the engine codes? I don't think it reads door and roof switches?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyjim View Post
    Hi ki11z- thanks for your offer on the roof switch, I will first muck around a bit to what I can do before troubling you........
    It's no trouble at all, just give me a time and place and i'll be there

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyjim View Post
    Paulie71. I like the idea of getting to know more about the ecu and codes. Do you know exactly what it can and cannot read? I assume it is just the engine codes? I don't think it reads door and roof switches?
    it reads engine codes (correct) but also can detect faults with a bit more accuracy than the old eye and ear. You can also read the data on the car and record vitals when testing the car out.

One thing I haven't done yet is coding that allows you to make minor adjustments to the system.

Sdaly roof and door switches arent read on my cabrio, as I believe our VW's are a bit old for that.
    1991 Golf GTI Manual - Tornado Red (Little Red Wagen)
    1998 Golf Cabriolet Manual - Black Magic Pearl (aka Rommel's Panzer) Deceased/written off
    1993 Golf Cabriolet Manual - Alpine White (aka Hitler Youth Wagen) Deceased/written off
    1976 Golf LS Manual - Bronco Brown (aka Roadrunner) Deceased/worn out

new red/black leather gaitor boot and handbrake cover

Hi All

I dont want to sound like all I do is talk about problems! we have been making progress

Nice new red/black seat covers
    new red/black leather gaitor boot and handbrake cover
    the steering wheel is well worn , so am waiting on a red black stitched leather wheel wrap

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

also forgot to mention , new woodgrain gear knob that shows my daughter which way is reverse!

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

gaping hole on both sides
    what should i do here?

some type of day running lights ? what are my options?

Stock there was just a grill thing there, although I think you can buy after market fog lights to put in if you are so inclined.

hi sortof

thx for the reply, i will look around on e-bay

i was hoping an easy way to do some daylight running led lights

hi All

Need a little help please

I spent a bit of money got the roof and passenger door window done, feeling good with progress but then driving on the weekend "Wack, sounds like a rock hit us underneath , oil smell then a burning smell." I pulled over and can see a good leak coming out. It wasn't engine oil or coolant or steering fluid. It looked like coming from the transmission. I managed to drive 10k home ok .
    I got undernealth the mk3 and I found a hole in the bottom of the transmission case about the size of a 5 cent piece. It looked fresh so I guess we were unlucky enough a sharp rock has taken a chunk out of the transmission

I went to superdumb and bought 2 pack metal epoxy managed to fill the hole and it set nicely. It goes off in 4 minutes , then later on I refilled the transmission with new fluid through a plastic plug at the top. Then to my surprise it all came leaking out again (not through my repair) but a different spot.

I can take photos and upload , but I had an awful feeling maybe that plastic lug at the top of the case was not the right fill spot.

Can anyone give me some advice please?

hole

I have circled the hole

Users Country Flag
    HOLLY ****......... wtf happened there :/...... and you're not even lowered ...... unlucky son .... as for the fill, do you do it through the speedo cable? I haven't looked on my 2L yet but i'm gonna drain it soon......

What was the fix for the roof?

Users Country Flag

WOW!! well this same thing happened to me but in my case it was the worst it could get, the gear box was destroyed..

For your sake i hope not cause its not cheap for a new gear box.
    -Silver 94 Golf mk3 R.I.P
    -mk4 GOLF 2L- daily&project
    "If I fitted 4x100 to 5x100 adapters and then a 5x100 to 5x112 adapters... would I die?"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast