Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A feeler...

Users Country Flag

A feeler...

Hey guys,

Is anyone here looking into upgrading their stock springs and struts for a lowered kit? I'm just wondering as I may plan on selling what I have in my Mk3 now. They are Koni Special/Red struts + 40mm lowering springs. FYI, they have done approximately 2,000km and only fitted about 2 months ago. It's not definite, but I just want to have a heads up on who is interested.

Cheers,
    Raymond.

Users Country Flag
    Would they suit vr6? what sort of $$ you looking for?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Sorry, forgot to mention they're designed for the CL/GL models (i.e. cars with 4 lug brakes)!

Users Country Flag
    Counts me out thanks anyway.

As far as i am aware, they should work regardless or 4 stud or 5 stud....

As long as the combo is made for the mk3 chassis ( cabrio excepted), and as long as the struts and the springs match, it will work in 8v, 16v, vr6, tdi, etc...

The year might be a factor since i crudely found out that 95 models the spring cup sits a little higher.

You going for coils ray?

Quote Originally Posted by peedman View Post
    You going for coils ray?
    Haha... I was seriously contemplating today.

Looking around VWVortex, I chanced upon a thread by a sponsor that was doing deals for the Koni coilovers - $1042.40USD (~$1250AUD) for a set! These were real deal Konis with damper and height adjustment. However, the shipping price is slightly putting me off - $445USD ($550AUD) But I suppose if I am able to sell for a good price here, I could use it and add a bit more $$ to get these to my doorstep.

I rang up the same guys that I got the Koni Reds and springs from to get a quote for the same Koni coilover system, and they were asking $2800 shipped ($3400 being the RRP).

To be honest, I'm only after the coilovers for the added feature of height and external damper adjustment. If I wanted better handling, it would be much more beneficial if I went for sway-bars when it comes to the money involved. I'm just being impulsive

Users Country Flag
    if u were to import anything of that value u may be up for import duty and gst on top of it as well. be careful! an extra 20% on top of the price can add up!

PERFORMANCE, STYLING AND OEM PRODUCTS FOR YOUR VW

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    if u were to import anything of that value u may be up for import duty and gst on top of it as well. be careful! an extra 20% on top of the price can add up!
    I totally forgot about that. That kind of ruled it out then. I'm relieved and disappointed at the same time haha..

Yeh thats so true. Its anything over $1000 if i remember correctly.

I say keep dreaming and widen ur BBS's. Your suspension now is way better than mine so dont complain!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast