Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EOI/Enquiry: To sell 1995 Golf GL 2.0L

Users Country Flag

EOI/Enquiry: To sell 1995 Golf GL 2.0L

Hey guys,

I'm not putting this up in the For Sale section yet because I haven't made up my mind, but I just want to get an idea of how much I could get for my car. I have checked sites like Carsales, Carpoint and Drive and have found a few examples similar to mine (if not more km) going for a good $7-10K. Seeing that I have made some new changes to the car for the better, I think I can get the top end of that mark for it, though I might be dreaming (snap me out of it, if so).

Also, I would prefer to fix up the problems (mainly the misfiring) before selling as I don't want to pass it on to the next owner. If anyone can help me diagnose, that'd be great - it has only been misfiring lately (before it used to be just false starting). I have changed ignition coil and it still does it, so it's not that. I have yet to change the spark plugs and leads though. And today, I made sure all the relays/fuses were plugged in properly - it hasn't misfired since, but sometimes it doesn't want to start (doesn't ignite fuel), but it's a one-time only thing as it turns on fine the next go.

Anyway, if I get a decent response here, I will copy and paste the following into a new thread in the "Cars for sale" section :

VW Mk3 Golf GL 2.0L (1995 build date, first registered in 1996).
    129,xxx km (to be serviced at 130,000km).
    • Owned since 100,000km (previous owner was family).
    • Since our ownership, car has seen oil changes every 5,000km, with mechanic check-ups every ~10,000.
    • 95 and 98 octane fuel used always (98 only now, after reading discussions here on VWW).
    • Ignition coil changed.
    • Disc brakes changed just before ownership.
    • AC and heater working great (keeps me cold in summer, and hot in winter).
    • Newly changed wiper blades.
    • Factory navy blue dash - not common.

Some of you have seen it before - those who have, can attest to how well I keep the car, with biweekly-monthly washes and a full clay/polish/wax job before the VW Nats earlier this year (I'm a bit of a novice detailer but I'm learning):

Courtesy to Matt for this pic.

It has the following modifications done were not original with this car (mostly cosmetic):
    • OEM side skirts
    • OEM VR6 lip
    • OEM black rear VW badge
    • **"Mk4 GTI"-look taillights**
    • **Custom badgeless grille (3 slat)**
    • Koni Special (Red) struts + Koni 1020 lowering springs (rated at -40mm) including new bumpstops, front mounts and I will include newly bought lowering spring seats (rated at -10mm) - 6000km old
    • **Custom OEM dual chamber headlights**
    • **Smoked aftermarket side indicators**
    • **OEM lower glovebox**
    • Modded airbox (also I have an extra spare untouched airbox)
    • Clarion DB566USB headunit (with CD/MP3 CD/MP3 player/USB Stick inputs) + Clarion SRS1686 2-way splits
    • Removed "Golf GL" emblem (I still have it and will include)
    • Shortened shifter (not a true short shifter) with Momo leather knob + leather boot
    • **15x6.5 ET45 BBS RS wheels with 195/55R15 Goodyear F1 Eagle (GSD3) tyres (6000km old)**
    • OEM VR6 wheel arch textured mouldings unfitted but will be included

Modifications marked with ** are items that I won't mind swapping the original items back onto for reselling (or swapping + money) to anyone interested, or they will go on my next Mk3 (hehe).

Now, the problems:
    • Occasional misfires/false starts - will be trying to rectify the issue during the upcoming service
    • Rear driver's window regulator is out - I have a new one to be put in soon
    • Minor rust spots in the door sills and some other random parts of the car
    • Slight ding on the bonnet (can't tell unless you're fairly close)
    • Crudely filled part on a small section of the front textured bumper top (can't tell unless you're fairly close)
    • Bumper paint has seen better days

Overall a tidy, well-kept car that in my opinion would best serve as a first car. Looks good without drawing attention!

Price: $TBA

Sorry about the long post - if any of yous could figure out, I want to replace the 2.0 with a 2.8
    Last edited by rayray086; 27-07-2007 at 01:43 PM.

Users Country Flag

Thumbs up

Bump! This car is awsome! I personally thought this could/should have taken out the vw nationals mk3 modified section

Whats the reason for (maybe) selling??

Users Country Flag
    Ray are you willing to sell some of your parts or swap

I'm interested in a few things of yours lol
    I'm soo euro even my missus is shaved...

gpk_gti Guest
    squak squak!

those rims need to go on my mk2
    76 MkI 3 door - daily drive/project - 1.8 5speed
    76 MkI 3 door swallowtail - 16v track car
    76 MkI 3 door "long term" project

Users Country Flag
    Ray better off selling your car stock looks like people want some of your items lol
    I'm soo euro even my missus is shaved...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I am willing to do so if I find interest in the whole car first!

Thanks for the kind words Alex. I'm thinking of selling purely because I'm ready to get myself a VR6

I will swap/sell a few things if potential buyers don't want them - sorry but I want to get the maximum amount of money out of it so I can get the funds for a VR6!

Guys, gimme a few more days - I think it can be done.
    Last edited by rayray086; 27-07-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Yeah im raping his car for parts to make mine look pretty. Spoke to ray for a good length ive expressed great interest in wheels, suspension, grill and tailights if he decides to go thru with it.

you can have the wheels peedman, i'm buying cams for my 16v instead, go fast before look good imo
    Good luck with the sale ray if you go through with it.
    76 MkI 3 door - daily drive/project - 1.8 5speed
    76 MkI 3 door swallowtail - 16v track car
    76 MkI 3 door "long term" project

Yo bastard lol. Ur not selling ur 16V by anychance now would u?

Yeah we see how it goes, rays car is very clean certaintly better condition than mine and should have no trouble selling it. Its just the hassle of finding the right buyer and at the right price then doing the same buying a car!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast