Support VWWC

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Dylan8's Vento

Dylan8's Vento

Hi all,
    Jumping across from the mk4 section and my bora.
    So FINALLY got myself a project/second car.
    Its a 94 black vento GL, all black interior.

I purchased the car a month or so ago but havnt be able to get it home due to it not runnning.

Problems:
    Auto!
    gear box was broken so removed from car (reason its not running), before i purchased it.
    Paint is pealing from rear bumper.
    Car has been left parked in the same spot for a long time (years?), so the paint is in need of some love. moss is growing in a few spots. rubbers are gone in places. bonnet, boot and roof have seen some hot days and fell like sand paper from the dirt being baked on. one fog light/indicator was missing.
    decent scratch down drivers side rear door.
    Drivers door needs some new bits
    windscreen is chipped and will probably need replacing

Positives:
    No spoiler.
    other then the above, the body looks straight with only the odd dint or mark here and there.
    Black car, black interior. Just what I wanted.
    Interior is in pretty good nick. tear in drivers chair, and one part of the dash is lose, but other then that.
    Car had 4 new tyres put on just before the gear box been taken out by the looks of it.

So car got dropped off yesterday afternoon, and I spent today cleaning out the shed to make roof for it. Gave it a quick wash after the photos but it was dark by then, so ill get some more after i have clayed it.

Plans:
    VR6 and manual gear box. I dont know a lot about the mechanical side of things, so i thought this would be the safest swap (rather then 1.8t or tdi engine). Will be taking my time and learning as i go.
    5 stud conversion, and my old brakes from the bora once i put my 4mo ones in
    once the car is up and running itll be getting some lows, new wheels, different tail lights, fog lights/indicators, side indicators, and headlights and new front valance.
    Interior will lose the grandpa spec seats and either get the seats from the bora, or another set i had shipped down with the car...
    Dont plan for this to be a show car, rather something i can drive around town and have available so i dont have to put the bora back together all the time so i know its drive-able the following day
    Euro plates

Pics:

some of the goodies i pulled from the car included a handy tape measure, hat, cricket ball, 6 packets of matches, tv remote, and someones study.

Can you spot my major problem...?

The major down side to the interior

So far:
    I removed the 'ventoGL' badge
    washed car
    removed existing owners items from interior
    removed one remaining number plate and cover
    eyed off my new seats (dunno if these will go in the bora or vento yet though... but either way itll end up with something mk4)
    sorted out its new wheels

sooooo high

Users Country Flag
    nice, i just looked at a vento today, gives me some more thought... so whats the plans for this?
    Ford Focus ST (XR5)

Users Country Flag
    this should be great Looking forward to it!!
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

loving all the vento's popping up around here! stock radio!! thats cool.

Mad.

where's the like button!

I'm sure we'll have to come down on weekend to get her running!

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

Users Country Flag
    Haha awesome, have noticed you showing increased interest in the mk3 section lately, welcome to the Vento clan. Old autos are rubbish, bin it and never speak of it again.

so far mine has been called, the Vento, the Jetta, the Venjetta, the Ventetta, Vent, VRento, Gento, Volf, and most recent Revento (patent pending).

Such an ugly misunderstood car, that can be awesome if just given a chance. Step 1: ditch 14" wheels that make the bum look huuuuuge, 17"s will tidy that right up, I'm guessing you'll be sprinting to get it to 5X100 so you can use all those wheels.

Can't wait til exams are over and i can spend my waking hours working on my car, and we can swap notes.

Quote Originally Posted by QIK-R View Post
    so whats the plans for this?
    in my over sized first post haha

Quote Originally Posted by GoLfMan View Post
    this should be great Looking forward to it!!
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ffoff View Post
    loving all the vento's popping up around here! stock radio!! thats cool.
    Stock for the moment... ill have to sort something out later on as i love having access to all 30gb of music in the bora

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    I'm sure we'll have to come down on weekend to get her running!
    thanks man. I'm sure we will have to. Need to find myself a vr6 first.

Quote Originally Posted by VW Imposter View Post
    Haha awesome, have noticed you showing increased interest in the mk3 section lately, welcome to the Vento clan. Old autos are rubbish, bin it and never speak of it again.

so far mine has been called, the Vento, the Jetta, the Venjetta, the Ventetta, Vent, VRento, Gento, Volf, and most recent Revento (patent pending).

Such an ugly misunderstood car, that can be awesome if just given a chance. Step 1: ditch 14" wheels that make the bum look huuuuuge, 17"s will tidy that right up, I'm guessing you'll be sprinting to get it to 5X100 so you can use all those wheels.

Can't wait til exams are over and i can spend my waking hours working on my car, and we can swap notes.
    Cheers! well auto is gone all together. I didnt even get to bring it home. apparently it was stuffed anyways.
    HA! mine hasnt been around long enough to get a name, im sure it will though.
    Pretty much, 5x100 will come with the vr6 and ill get it registered and what not with my bora 16s (if the tyres will fit under the guards.) Then the BBS RS i had on the bora, and some other mre 'fun' wheels.
    I cant wait till winter is over! I went out to clay bar it before and i couldnt push it because the ground was so wet and damp that it had basically sank, and im sure my hands wouldnt have liked me being out in the cold doing that.
    Note swapping sounds good! I'm sure im going to be asking lots of silly/boring questions in relation to the engine/gear box swap

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    Note swapping sounds good! I'm sure im going to be asking lots of silly/boring questions in relation to the engine/gear box swap
    I've just been a bystander, the Scottish magician at Alba European is the one who's put the good work in.

Users Country Flag

Good work dyl! what a find

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast