Attachment 33867

Picked up these for the new motor.
    DRC 268s
    HD valve springs
    Lightweight pulley.

More bits too come
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dylan8's Vento-imag0289-jpg  

Dylan8's Vento-imag0320-jpg

Doner car is finally going to the tip, along with my parents trailer and the old 8v

Ordered a mocal oil cooler with thermostat sandwich plate to help with the summer temps. Yet to fit but it looks like a nice bit of kit and based on those used in the mkiii cup cars so hopefully is a good fit

Added some 15" rs and 195/55 re003 to the stock in preparation for an upcoming track day.

Swapped out all the smoked lights for the pov pack orange plus some orange dummies and votex shades. Added the original headlights without smoking for some better vision.
    Threw together some wheels to keep the theme flowing

Teaser below
    Dylan8's Vento-imag0698-jpg

Dylan8's Vento-imag0710-jpg

Pre centre caps

Users Country Flag
    Looks good!
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Cheers. How's yours coming along?

Couple more

Dylan8's Vento-imag0719-jpg
    Dylan8's Vento-imag0718-jpg

Users Country Flag
    I thought the mags were orange in the first photo, they show up much better in those two. I like what you have done with matching the indicators and the mags. Looks really good. I might have to go all opaque indicators on my one to match my enkeis mags.

Been poor lately, so no progress to report.

Had to buy a 2nd hand instrument cluster as the speedo went needle of death on my father-in-law, got to try to install it this weekend. Got to find time to replace the passenger rear window regulator (got the part but have not found the time to install) and get the boot released and working. Next job when I get some money saved is sort out the noisy bearing sound that is coming from the engine while it is at idle (we think it is the timing belt tensioner/pulley) then get the powersteering rack completely overhauled (it is leaking again) and then the leak in the rear windscreen fixed . . . the list is long at the moment.

Also need to find money to get the timing belt, water pump and new clutch for my old Mk3 CL to get it back on the road for Daughter No. 1 as she is still car-less after Son No. 2 killed her car late last year.

But before any of that can happen my wife's Mk5 has to go in for a major service with timing belt and water pump change because it is racking up the kays with Daughter No. 1 borrowing it constantly.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI

yeah something different for now.
    The opaque ones are a nice clean solution.

Ahhhh, the good old never ending list of stuff to do on the mk3.
    Hopefully something simple like a pulley.
    where is the steering rack leaking? I've seen plenty that was a simple as a bad washer on the feed line.
    your rear window gasket is toast too? while mine doesnt leak it looks terrible, one of the things on my list too but im too scared to ask VW the cost of a new one.

Users Country Flag
    Yep I am hoping it is just the pulley and hopefully CVWC will be able to replace it for me without having to replace the timing belt.

Not sure where the steering rack is leaking from this time, I need to get the car up on a hoist to have a good look. I got CVWC to replace the rack with a 2nd hand one that I picked up from Camden GTI so we could it register. This time I will probably send it to Capital Steering and Suspension and get them to pull it out and replace all the seals/washers/o-rings, we have tried putting Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak in it but the problem appears to be too big for that to do the job. In the meantime, father in law just topping up the power steering fluid.

My black plastic flashing/surround on the rear windscreen is cactus (from what I can see the previous owner had the Vento parked under a carport where the back end of the car was exposed to the sun, the paint on the rear boot lid and the rear bumper is much more faded than the front of the car, and the rear windscreen plastic flashing/surround is all weathered, cracked and about half of it is missing). I have been given the contact details of a windscreen guy who has experience with replacing windscreens on old VW (including air-cooled) but I agree with you that it is probably going to be an expensive repair. I might have to get myself a tube of black automotive silicone sealant and just seal it neatly.

That's a pain!

If you go down the new gasket id be interested to know the cost

Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast