Thread: When driving in a group around RNP (Sydney)

Thumbs up When driving in a group around RNP (Sydney)

Please, give cyclists a bit more room when overtaking. You'll have plenty of opportunities to do so if you wait extra 5-10 seconds.

I've almost got taken out by one of hot heads while riding up Artillery Hill (Audley) on Sunday.

When overtaking others on a narrow climb, full of blind corners, you are risking lives of

1. Those you're trying to go around.
    2. Oncoming traffic (motorbike riders go pretty fast too).
    3. Yourself.

10. RNP is full of coppers anyway.

So please, take it easy and slow the fvk down.

Thank you.

As a cyclist myself (albeit MTB rather than road), it astounds me that people ride through the RNP. I get that it's a nice road and all but it's such a bloody dangerous place to be on a pushy.

I'm not condoning the behaviour of those you're speaking of.....there are ****heads in cars everywhere (hence why I ride on the dirt).....but i'd be re-evaluating where I ride.

Quote Originally Posted by willsy01 View Post
    As a cyclist myself (albeit MTB rather than road), it astounds me that people ride through the RNP. I get that it's a nice road and all but it's such a bloody dangerous place to be on a pushy.

I'm not condoning the behaviour of those you're speaking of.....there are ****heads in cars everywhere (hence why I ride on the dirt).....but i'd be re-evaluating where I ride.
    No, it's a very safe road to ride on, which is why you see so many bike riders and cyclists. It is also a perfect training ground as it's full of hills.
    Most drivers around are quite nice and leave plenty of room, with an occasional ute or a van driver... but let's not go there.

The reason why I posted here was because there was definitely a GTG going on and I am fairly certain I've met some of the owners of those cars before.

Being a road bicycle rider and a car enthusiast, the road is there to be shared. Giving a rider a metre <60km/h or 1.5 metres >60km/h when passing is now law in NSW.

Having said that, I am NOT pro peloton riding on tight winding uphill roads as I think this is inconsiderate when the speed limit can't be adhered to.

Unfortunately, there are bad eggs every which way you look - riders and drivers alike. Stay safe people.
    RS
    R