Support VWWC

Page 144 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1569

Thread: Volkswagen under investigation over illegal software that masks pollution

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    Not personally, although a few seem to get highly offended, misquote sources and post in this thread.

But as the infinite monkey theorem suggests - eventually an offended monkey hitting random keys on their computer will eventually put together a meaningful post.

I guess we keep waiting.
    I like monkeys.

With a side of fries, and a nice rich gravy.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Has anyone in Australia actually had a monkey succumb to the emissions?
    There are no monkeys left in Australia, the drop bears got them all years ago . . .
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    The offended will keep us posted, I was expecting a play-by-play of the hearings.
    ABC does that well enough.
    VW emissions scandal: Carmaker says 'tough luck' to Australian drivers, ACCC tells court - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Quote Originally Posted by feenix74 View Post
    I am disappointed that VW tried to hide what they had done, instead of confessing when they were first caught. It has chewed up a lot of goodwill towards VW in our household.

My Caddy has not had the update done, and it will only get done if it become a mandatory recall. I do not trust VW enough at this stage to believe all the promises they are making about the "update" - if it was just such a simple matter of a new MAF and a software upgrade that has no impact on performance, fuel economy and reliability then why did they just not do this to begin with instead of all the years of deception that has cost VW so much money and reputation?

I have not formally joined the class action but I have not opted out of it either.
    I'm in the same boat - haven't allowed the software update to occur on my Passat. Haven't joined in but haven't opted out either.
    Golf mk7 parts for sale.

Users Country Flag
    So they came up with their own method of testing, and ended up with a different result?

And they're surprised?
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    A test carried out on a sample of 1 car under conditions that varied??? Not very scientific at all.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Media beat-up, or science?

Which one sounds more dramatic?
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by frantic View Post
    I could almost cut and paste the last 2 comments from a vw press release...?
    Why is it so?
    haahaha...clearly you're no science expert. But you do fall for a good click bait headline...

Users Country Flag
    Or the media are looking to throw them under the bus at any opportunity.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    Keep regurgitating the same old arguments.

Since when is a sample of 1 vehicle a legitimate test? That is one vehicle given one cold start test and one hot start test over an 80km loop for both pre and post fix. The timing of those loops took between 90-97 minutes to complete (a variation of greater than 7% in itself) - so both road, traffic and atmospheric conditions vary considerably between tests. Those ohh sooo conclusive results are then compared against Euro 5 emissions standards which became effective from November 2016 rather than the applicable standard for the car of Euro 4. Hardly a representative or conclusive test but it's not a beat up at all.

Users Country Flag

Worth noting that the original, correct tests were carried out on brand new vehicles.

For all we know, the car tested could've had a dirty air filter, contaminated fuel, and a loaded DPF.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Page 144 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast