Thread: Purchase History

Purchase History

Hi all,

Recently purchased a 2020 Golf R used from a used dealership. Full service history, no finance etc etc. I'm not sure why, but I never bothered to check the actual purchase date as I assumed it would be in the books. It was never a big deal so I pushed it to the back of my mind. Anyway I checked and it's not stamped with any proof of purchase - the first Service done was with Denlo so I thought maybe it was them, so I called them up, gave the VIN and it wasn't from them. Is there a way to know? You'd think there would be a record of all the VW that come into Australia and where/when they're sold? Denlo and Melbourne City couldn't give me any info.

Any leads would be appreciated!

Rego/Vin check with your state motor registration department.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Complete an Owner Amendment Form with VW Australia, then you will get all the perks of knowing your vehicles history...

Contact Us | Volkswagen Australia
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Complete an Owner Amendment Form with VW Australia, then you will get all the perks of knowing your vehicles history...

Contact Us | Volkswagen Australia
    Perfect! Thank you so much. Not sure why no one at VW could tell me this.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by czarectah View Post
    Perfect! Thank you so much. Not sure why no one at VW could tell me this.
    Not sure. I hope it helps you out though!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)