Definitive Car

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Photo Bucket

I received a second warning from Photo Bucket about photos on a third party site , so I will just delete my account and work out another method , not giving these pricks $550 to store acouple of dozen photos !

Users Country Flag
    They are hitting the marketing pretty hard offering other products too. It just feels like a huge cash grab at the moment.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    GOOD WORK!

I just checked my Stared Threads in this forum, all images working, they have all been imported. Thanks.

I have just deleted all my photos in photobucket.

What's the good alternatives? imgur?
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Passat R36 View Post
    What's the good alternatives? imgur?
    In general? Or for here?

For here, just use the image uploader link at the top of the page. They are all imported into the forum anyway (even from there) to ensure that the forum maintains it's own copy of relevant images forever.

VWWatercooled Images < -

I'm still looking into what else I can do. I'm still looking at setting up a better solution, but haven't had time in the last month.

Technically that solution can also be used in other forums, however at this point I can make no guarantees on how long it will remain there. The problem (which Photobucket and all providers have) is that bandwidth costs money. If you can't recoup it, you can't afford to offer the service. As it is bandwidth for this place has doubled since images moved in-house. Offering a free service that can be used across the entire web can get very expensive very quickly as your user base grows.

Ideally I would tie it to tie it to VWWatercooled user accounts, but that's not quite as simple as it sounds... Still I will get back there eventually.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

I noticed today after I looked back at some of my posts with photos that they now have put a Photobucket advice to upgrade for them to be seen , now I did try and go to my Photo library and see the photos so as to save them back to my computer , but when I tried the same advice came up . So long story short I beat them at their own game , I went back to the thumbnail of each photo and right click on the photo then you click on "open link in incognito window "this then allowed me to retrieve my photos without them obviously seeing what I have done , gotcha you bastards .

Users Country Flag
    You can post to Tumblr and directly link the photos here. Done it before with no issues. Photo will still be available even if you delete the post from Tumblr, so I guess in that sense you can't take down the photo once you upload it.
    Past - '95 VW Golf MK3 VR6
    Present - '11 Ford Focus LW Diesel (PSA DW10C)

I deleted my Photo Bucket account last night after retrieving any photos that I had not still kept on my hard drives , those mongrels are swamping your pages with unsolicited advertising . It was difficult to delete my photos with ads popping up every time , talk about how to really get offside with their members . I also read after a Google search that the backlash against them world wide was pretty widespread , they did not even bother to announce the changes just stuck it into everybody overnight .

Users Country Flag
    Yep, was pretty dirty by them. The general consensus is it's a cash grab before they go POP!

So if they're going to go bust who's going to throw money at them anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234