Quote Originally Posted by 3C4M Guy View Post
I had the opposite experience! I put Michelin PS4s on my Passat before Christmas and was very disappointed. Ride comfort and low noise were brilliant but the sidewalls were far too soft for them to be considered a performance tyre. They were very poor in communicating information to the driver and hopeless in a slalom. I even tried pushing the pressures up to 45 psi but they still felt like mushy marsh mellows.

My mechanic suggested Continentals would be very similar. I got rid of the PS4s and went back to Bridgestone - RE003 this time. They are so much more responsive. Yes they are more noisy with a harsher ride, but that's not important to me.

What does all this say about our opposite experiences with PS4s? I guess tyres are very much a personal preference!
Ha, yeah, it's a minefield, isn't it!

I guess it just proves that experiences can be very different based on tyre size, car suspension, kms and road conditions, just to mention some variables. I have a mate who just put PS4s on his Skoda Scout and reports non of the issues I had. Glad to hear that some are reporting positive experiences on the PS4s, though.

I do wonder if the PS4s have different construction in different sizes, as mine (225/45/17 94Y) didn't have any sidewall protectors, yet all photos I've seen show a protector. Who knows. Thank goodness for Bob Jane's tyre exchange guarantee, though!