Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Cadogan Volkswagen Scandal Update

John Cadogan Volkswagen Scandal Update

I have been following reports John has been posting and I seriously am feeling uneasy about owning my golf.

What are your thoughts peeps?

https://youtu.be/oHsPnUbFltc

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

John Cadogan's schtick is sensationalism, shock and horror. Whilst he sometimes makes some relevant points, he goes way over the top in most cases, IMO. Take out the abuse from any of his commentary and you're left with often not a lot of fact. Most of his stuff is beat-up.

The sad thing is the foamers lap up his stuff.
    Last edited by Splashalot; 28-02-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    2018 Golf GTI, Manual - gone.
    2017 Golf 110tsi Trendline, manual (gone - gladly)
    2007 Golf GTI, Manual, (gone - sadly)
    1978 Golf GLS; 1972 Superbug, (memories)

Users Country Flag
    If you take too much notice of Cadogan you wouldnt buy anything and would come to believe in Fairies and Santa Claus again
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Whilst VAG and VWA's handling of this situation has been poor, it's hard to take seriously a video such as this that repeatedly refers to people involved as a***holes. Cadogan would be much better advised to stick to facts and leave the theatre out of it.

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag
    This guy just tries to inject as many adjectives into his rants as possible.
    Look at the other vids, he does not like vw merc nissan mazda holden...
    Actually I don't think he likes cars at all.
    I find him entertaining but not at at all factual. I wish I could spew such distain to some of my work colleagues.

As for vw yes they have been fairly **** lately. Dodgy engines gearboxes and dirty deisel.
    But a lot of other brands have issues too, ford dsg anyone?
    Gm are emissions cheats too along with Peugeot mitsubishi and others.
    But no one died in a VW, unlike the issues with Toyota.
    Mazda seats break and slide back while you drive too.

The more you look, the more evidence you will find to justify any argurment.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag
    Cadogan is a loud mouth ****head and I never watch his vids for that reason alone. He also alleges all other motoring journalists are corrupt, but he does appeal to the lower IQ masses.

R_Line, you are better off searching these forums and seeking advice from the many posters who offer excellent advice. You can also contact any of the listed sponsors who I'm sure would give you their honest opinions on any concern you may have.

Don't take any notice from an idiot.
    White MY17 Golf 7R with DSG and DAP.

Quote Originally Posted by VRJ View Post
    Cadogan is a loud mouth ****head and I never watch his vids for that reason alone. He also alleges all other motoring journalists are corrupt, but he does appeal to the lower IQ masses.

R_Line, you are better off searching these forums and seeking advice from the many posters who offer excellent advice. You can also contact any of the listed sponsors who I'm sure would give you their honest opinions on any concern you may have.

Don't take any notice from an idiot.
    I agree with you but he just got me thinking that's all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    He professes to be a motoring expert. Well the definition of an expert is someone who learns more and more about less and less till he knows everything about nothing. Second definition is an expert is a drip under pressure
    Which pretty much sums up Cadogan

If he cant debate advantages and disadvantages without descending to derogatory profanities, his articles arent worth reading.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 28-02-2017 at 09:15 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

While I don't always agree with what John reports I do find his vids entertaining , as for the comment about journalists being corrupt I think he is right on the money . Who among you have short memories or missed the doozy a couple of years back when 12 journo,s awarded the Golf car of the year . Right at the very end of the write up when they gave their summarization on their selection NOT one of the 12 judges said they would keep the Golf after warranty expired . They then turned around after all those issues and awarded VW with more accolades , I took them to task on why after all the diesel gate issues they then awarded VW Tiguan with another gong , their answer was that they make decisions based on the car that they drive that day . Any problems that may occur later are not valid reasons for them to not to give the prize even when faced with what has happened with VW models in the last ten years or so .

Users Country Flag

Not worthy of the oxygen he steals making these videos.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast