Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much do the airbags usually cost?

Users Country Flag

Yeah, that's too hard to fix on modern cars.

Having the compliance label right there, doesn't help either.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoctrine View Post
    Got a call today, they wrote it off. Tipping point was not knowing what kind of damage they'd find under the panels. Especially with a bend like this.
    Attachment 29797
    Best outcome really.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag
    Good to read that the car's structure and safety features did their job (both you and your passenger walked away unharmed). So what colour are you going to pick for your new one?
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I wanted a blue one when I ordered this one, I would love a blue one! Insurer said they would take my preferences into account too.

Users Country Flag
    Good luck, I hope the insurance company is able to fulfil your wish of a blue one (that would be a nice silver-lining to your unfortunate situation).
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by feenix74 View Post
    Good luck, I hope the insurance company is able to fulfil your wish of a blue one (that would be a nice silver-lining to your unfortunate situation).
    Got new car replacement through my insurer so I'll be getting the same/similar specs. Can't recommend RAA highly enough though, car was declared a write off yesterday and I submitted the required documents yesterday as well. They called me to make sure I wanted replacement and not cash settlement today before passing it on to be sorted out by their third party that gets quotes from dealers. Should hear something this week or next.

Dunno if they'll find me a 7 since they struggled to find me this one (manual Trendline with driver assist) two months ago (and this colour was the bottom of my 3 choices) and the 7 has been on run out ever since. If they have to order me a 7.5, I'll be asking for blue for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12