Definitive Car

Thread: High Country Roads

Users Country Flag

High Country Roads

After having sat idle in storage for the last couple of months, I took my toy out for run across the high plains this weekend, before the snow comes this year.

The Snowy Mountains Highway from Cooma to Tumut is, for the most part, a lovely smooth road, with tight twisty sections leading up to the high plains from Adaminiby and then again down to the Blowering Reservoir, with the rest of it long fast straights joined by wide sweeping bends. In fact Cooma is at the centre of a number of great driving roads, such the Snowy Mountain Highway that runs from the Hume Highway turnoff to Tumut through Cooma to the Princes Higway near Eden, the Monaro Highway from Canberra through Cooma to Cann River, and the Jindabyne Road which leads into the Alpine Way to Thredbo and beyond.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Users Country Flag
    Nice Pics, Nice Car and the road looks pretty Nice too!!!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Awesome roads, the only thing that spoils it is snow.

Users Country Flag
    Beautiful! Thanks for sharing arcadelt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Users Country Flag

Nice! I like to do that run in my R during the snow season. If you get lucky you can catch a view of the Brumbies in the snow, Mrs Worm enjoys that and then everyone is a winner
    Current ride - Golf R 7.5 DAP, Sunroof, Dynaudio, DSG