Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ECS Tuning experiences?

ECS Tuning experiences?

Not sure if this is the right forum to start this thread. If not, mod please move it to the appropriate forum! Thanks.

I'm thinking about buying some stuff, LEDs and bulbs in particular, from ECS Tuning. Anyone bought from them before? Good experience? Shipping price seems a bit a steep for a couple of small items. Just wanna make sure they're worth dealing with before dropping some cash.

Thanks in advance!
    MY12 147TSI Jetta DSG | CW | Sports Pack | Sunroof | Driver Electric Seat | RCD510 | Formula 1 Tint | MFSW Paddle Shifters

I bought an intercooler off them a month ago.

Communication was good shipping was fast and item arrived in good condition.

The shipping was over priced but!
    MY20 Golf GTI TCR
    MY20.5 LR Defender P400 HSE

What sorta shipping method was used? USPS Express Mail International or courier?

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan_A View Post
    I bought an intercooler off them a month ago.

Communication was good shipping was fast and item arrived in good condition.

The shipping was over priced but!
    MY12 147TSI Jetta DSG | CW | Sports Pack | Sunroof | Driver Electric Seat | RCD510 | Formula 1 Tint | MFSW Paddle Shifters

Quote Originally Posted by frozze View Post
    What sorta shipping method was used? USPS Express Mail International or courier?
    USPS express mail. Took 6 days from sending to my door.
    MY20 Golf GTI TCR
    MY20.5 LR Defender P400 HSE

Good to know that they don't use cheaper methods like priority mail or first class international for that price.

Couple of bulbs costs $45+ for shipping!

I've bought a fair few things from ecs on a few different occasions, have always been a pleasure to deal with, helpful and quick to ship things. When I accidentally ordered a back ordered part amongst a large order of things I wanted pretty urgently, they quickly sorted it out over there live chat which I like a lot.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

ECS have excellent customer service compared to the smaller companies that ive used. Shipping as stated is the only downside!

Sounds pretty good so far.

I'm assuming everyone is happy with their products itself?
    Last edited by frozze; 12-12-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Not really happy tbh.

Been sent wrong products at their advice then ignored. Shipping it at a premium which offests their supposed forum discounts (marketing ploy). Placed the last order 3 weeks ago and only arrived today. Tracking number was emailed 10 days after the order was placed and all products were in stock. They ignored another email wanting to discuss other shipping methods. When they first signed up as forum vendors they said they would subsidise shipping to Australia for the forum. I have anywhere up to 5 packages coming from the USA and OS per week recently and ECS charge the most by far, sometimes 4 times as much for comparable size and weight packages from INA for example, and have the slowest shipping methods available. I find USPS the best shipping method by far. They offer tracking and they only take 7-10 days max.

Sorry for the rant but it really upsets me when a forum vendor promises the world then delivers the opposite then ignores your emails.

My 2 cents.

Users Country Flag

I won't deal with them, it was a long pained and costly exercise. In the end high volume standard orders are their forte.

The guy I dealt with promised the world and when it came to sorting thing out had left/moved on.

There are alternatives, just require more searching (and basic German).
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast