Definitive Car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSG oil filter

Users Country Flag

DSG oil filter

G'day everyone,

Do all DSG gearboxes have a filter??

Don't laugh at me too hard, but I went to change the engine oil on my wife's mk6 118TSI and drained part of the gearbox oil by mistake. The car is a MY13 and hasn't been started since but I need to work out how to refill what I let out. I rang my dealer today and the spare parts guy said that this particular car doesn't have a filter.

I have looked on utube and it shows how to refill by removing the filter but that won't work if there is no filter.

Any help would be appreciated

Andrew

Users Country Flag
    7-speed, I assume?

No filter on them, and did you drain the gearbox (rear plug), or the Mechatronics (front plug)?

These aren't a serviceable box (at this stage), so getting hold of the tools to sort it out will be tricky.

This might help: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...3V568-9034.pdf

Additional info may be found in here: VWVortex.com - DQ200 DSG in global recall. Possibly affects Jetta Hybrid.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    7-speed, I assume?

No filter on them, and did you drain the gearbox (rear plug), or the Mechatronics (front plug)?

These aren't a serviceable box (at this stage), so getting hold of the tools to sort it out will be tricky.

This might help: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...3V568-9034.pdf

Additional info may be found in here: VWVortex.com - DQ200 DSG in global recall. Possibly affects Jetta Hybrid.
    Yep 7 spd, I didn't know there are two plugs. It is the Allan key bolt on the bottom of the engine. I lost 1.5 liters of transmission fluid so am trying to work out how to fill it up.

Users Country Flag
    If it was just gearbox oil honey colour you can fill it up from the top there's a black plastic part were the selector cable attaches there is a small black cap you can make a funnel up with a bit of pipe on the end or take off the black plate/cover off 4torx 30s and the selector 10mm bolt pour it in there. That's if you undid the big Allen key drain plug if you drained out green fluid out the front of the gearbox/mechatronics small Allen key plug then your in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by bushnut View Post
    If it was just gearbox oil honey colour you can fill it up from the top there's a black plastic part were the selector cable attaches there is a small black cap you can make a funnel up with a bit of pipe on the end or take off the black plate/cover off 4torx 30s and the selector 10mm bolt pour it in there. That's if you undid the big Allen key drain plug if you drained out green fluid out the front of the gearbox/mechatronics small Allen key plug then your in trouble.
    Definitely not green fluid. Was normal colored oil, where is the selector cable and black plate you are referring to?

Users Country Flag
    Top of the gearbox towards the back. About 1cm round black cap
    VOLKSWAGEN TECHNICIAN - 16 YEARS OF PAIN..
    VCDS CODING- FAULT DIAGNOSIS - PRE PURCHASE INSPECTIONS- REPAIRS
    9W2 BT KITS -$300 - 9W7 BT KITS - $450 - CANBUS UPGRADE $150
    BRISBANE / GOLD COAST

Quote Originally Posted by vdubmotorworx View Post
    Top of the gearbox towards the back. About 1cm round black cap
    Do I need to remove battery Etc to get to it? Can anyone provide a pic?

Thanks for help

You can get to it without removing the battery however it will become a lot clearer if you do. If you can't fill through the breather hole/cap then just remove that hole cover, however don't touch the 10mm bolt that adjusts the selector cable or you will have to readjust it.

Those boxes are normally filled with 1.9L.

Quote Originally Posted by Snail Style View Post
    You can get to it without removing the battery however it will become a lot clearer if you do. If you can't fill through the breather hole/cap then just remove that hole cover, however don't touch the 10mm bolt that adjusts the selector cable or you will have to readjust it.

Those boxes are normally filled with 1.9L.
    Ok, so I have found the breather hole your talking about, you can see where a bit of overflow has came out. If I insert some clear hose with a funnel I think I should be good to refill. Is there anything I am missing here?

Users Country Flag

Should be fine
    VOLKSWAGEN TECHNICIAN - 16 YEARS OF PAIN..
    VCDS CODING- FAULT DIAGNOSIS - PRE PURCHASE INSPECTIONS- REPAIRS
    9W2 BT KITS -$300 - 9W7 BT KITS - $450 - CANBUS UPGRADE $150
    BRISBANE / GOLD COAST

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast