Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bryan Byrt Auto Group up for sale after receivers are appointed

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by knightza View Post
    At their Mansfield service centre at the moment. It's "Mt Gravatt Volkswagen" now and they even charged me for engine oil top-up!! $19.90 and Bryan Byrt was saying there's a problem with my car and they were ordering some replacement parts for me before they go bankrupt. Is this really my fault? What should I do? Would VW Australia help?
    Why not ring VW and ask them. Only way to get the facts.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausdat1969 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your dramas jomandybri. If it is any consolation my workmate that I mentioned on page 3 did exactly the same thing, extended warranty on a brand new car. Only difference was he paid more than you so he's lost even more. Unfortunately its just fingers crossed to see if you get anything back.
    Hardly likely as the receivers are looking severely at the directors for bad business practices for want of saying any more. Suffice to say that their houses are sold or for sale so wont be anything left for unsecured creditors/
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Have heard that ANZ Bank are involved, trying to juggle loans to get it sorted out.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by knightza View Post
    At their Mansfield service centre at the moment. It's "Mt Gravatt Volkswagen" now and they even charged me for engine oil top-up!! $19.90 and Bryan Byrt was saying there's a problem with my car and they were ordering some replacement parts for me before they go bankrupt. Is this really my fault? What should I do? Would VW Australia help?
    Best place to start - VW Customer Care.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Talked with Volkswagen Customer Care and they've coordinated with Mt Gravatt Volkswagen to do a consumption test for me. Going back in 1000km. Although, apparently, their will no longer be free oil top-up between services.
    Polo GTi MY13.5 Candy White + Bi-Xenon + RNS510

Users Country Flag
    The old Bryan Burt Capalaba site has sold, just hoping we get some sort of VW representation as there's nothing over this side of Brisbane anymore.
    BMW Z4 (2019)
    Audi TT quattro (2015), s-line in Nano Grey - sold

Users Country Flag
    The site has been sold and will be leased to bartons but will not be a Volkswagen dealer. auto sports group have the rights to the 2 franchises and is part of there contract/deal with Volkswagen that they have to open a dealership within the Capalaba area but you might find it opening more the Cleveland area. Its all to do with what facilities buildings are available in the area or if Volkswagen wants to plough a load more money into another brand dealership didn't pay off last time.

Hey all,

Me and my partner are currently talking about warranty stuff for our 2013 comfortline dsg which we bought new. No issues at current but we are looking at keeping the car for 5 years and I want it covered the whole time just for piece of mind.

Anyway on the topic of dealer extended warranty; we spoke with Bryan Byrt Mt Gravatt the time of purchase and I don't recall being offered anything but the dealer warranty :/. Anyway I was poking through my emails from them and I happend to come across one that outlines what the BB warranty covers and all the details. I intend on getting a legit extended warranty from VW itself that matches the new vehicle warranty so looks like I was smart not buying this one.

I only have PDF's though, anywhere I can upload them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashoz85 View Post
    Hey all,

Me and my partner are currently talking about warranty stuff for our 2013 comfortline dsg which we bought new. No issues at current but we are looking at keeping the car for 5 years and I want it covered the whole time just for piece of mind.

Anyway on the topic of dealer extended warranty; we spoke with Bryan Byrt Mt Gravatt the time of purchase and I don't recall being offered anything but the dealer warranty :/. Anyway I was poking through my emails from them and I happend to come across one that outlines what the BB warranty covers and all the details. I intend on getting a legit extended warranty from VW itself that matches the new vehicle warranty so looks like I was smart not buying this one.

I only have PDF's though, anywhere I can upload them ?
    Good luck - VW as far as I know only offer their 3 year factory warranty - anything offered after that is normally from the dealer (not VW) and is underwritten by a third party insurance company. Always read the PDS thoroughly to know exactly what you are covered for!

Copy from my post in the extended warranty section:

Just been talking with a VW dealer this morning. I was quoted $3,000 for our Mk7 golf comfortline for the 2 year Allianz underwritten extended warranty. I was also emailed a copy of the PDS.

I didn't talk to them about how much room to move the price has, but i expect a bit as that's higher than I was expecting.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345