Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wheel spacers for Golf TDI Highline

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gldgti View Post
    Interesting about adapters - If I was to design an adapter, then the whole explanation I gave previously about clamping force etc no longer applies in a straightforward manner - you have 2 sets of bolts (probably different sizes from each other) and not only that, but you are also loading the adapter plate not simply in compression as with the spacer, but in a way that means the adapter plates stiffness and strength becomes critically important.

Thus the design of an adapter is far more complicated, far more critical, than for a simple spacer. Ergo more difficult to get right. I'd be interested to know how they are really catered for in the eyes of the powers that be. If I was going to choose either spacers or adapters to make across the board illegal, it would be adapters (not because it cant be done, but because it takes a lot more engineering know how to do it right).
    The red bits are my questions as I had already asked and they didnt respond so I rephrased the question to that.
    I understand what you are saying but am merely repeating what the authority said

What they said was basically if it fits between the hub and the wheel its a big fat NO
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 30-01-2017 at 05:50 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123