Thread: polo 9n3 gti driveshaft/hub nut torque spec

Users Country Flag

polo 9n3 gti driveshaft/hub nut torque spec

Well on the final step of my LSD/box install I managed to stuff up. Every single item I worked on I had the torque spec for all except for the hub nut and it was that that I stuffed up. It stripped and now I have to do a driveshaft job all over again. The nut was ok but its threads were full of driveshaft thread. It went on straight and the driveshaft threads were clean as I'd wire brushed them and cleaned them off, so it could only have been over tightening that did it.
    So if anyone knows the driveshaft/hub nut torque spec for my car please let me know asap as a spare is going in tomorrow. Its a 36 mm double hex socket and a small maybe 17or 18mm thread on the driveshaft bolt.

appreciate any quick help as net searches aren't turning up much

thanks
    sam

***EDIT - looking up ELSA...

Apparrently 50Nm +45 degrees
    Last edited by gldgti; 21-06-2017 at 08:39 PM.
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    really is that all! I found on a 6N2 forum from the UK that you it up to 200nm! back it off one full turn and then up to 50nm. I'm not sure that applies to my car though cos it has the small tabs on the nut that ratchet in and form anti loosen locks.

If its only 50nm and a bit I cant get why they make it a 36mm socket which forces you into using a massive 3/4 wrench that you only have to breath on to get the right figure. Definitely my fault for over tightening, but really.

Thanks for a lot for that. 2nd try tomorrow

sam

Users Country Flag

I have a 3/4 to 1/2 adapter