Thread: New Jack for Golf V1

Users Country Flag

New Jack for Golf V1

Hi does anyone have any suggestions for replacing the Golf V1's emergency jack with a better one?

i went down to supercheap and got a good ole scissor jack - yes, it's slightly larger and heavier, but the ''emergency'' jacks that VW provides are downright pathetic - there's a reason that they're called "suicide jacks".

funny story - guy in an e-class benz, at the 24 hour coles, was trying to change a flat, using his emergency jack (same type)...

the jack started to fail whilst his wheel was off, and he only just managed to slide his wheel under the rear bar (side 3/4) before that corner sank to the ground.

got out my scissor jack, helped him out, and he was able to cancel his MB roadside assist. $45 or whatever for the jack, and it supports 1400kgs. much safer than the dangerous jack in your boot.

mine slipped and dug a nice gash into the sideskirt =[

i may just have to buy one like yours bueller
    mk6 TDi - DSG -VIEZU tuned- Carbonio . Whiteline RSB/Neuspeed FSB . Golf R interior . Defi boost . Twin 4" Magnaflow tips . GTI shocks & springs

Users Country Flag
    We just have RACQ with all our cars and I just call them as it doesn't cost us. I wouldn't dare to change a wheel on a road with other cars passing by or on an uneven surface. The chance that you get to stop on secure and even spot are in my opinion pretty low so choosing my health/life over changing a flat tyre on the road side is a no-brainer for me.

Then again I don't know how the streets are in other parts of this huge country, up here they suck. A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRO View Post
    mine slipped and dug a nice gash into the sideskirt =[

i may just have to buy one like yours bueller
    ouch, man! that's no good...

yeah - first time i tried to jack my friends car up with my jack, i looked at it and i was like "uh, what? how the fck does this work? that can't be right".

lucky you werent hurt - those things would catch people by surprise, i reckon. wouldnt want to be all tucked into the wheel arch when that jack slips up.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Buller_Scott View Post
    there's a reason that they're called "suicide jacks".
    Widow maker

Quote Originally Posted by rayray086 View Post
    Widow maker
    i think you mean "father-take-awayer"