Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: CHINESE TYRES vs BRAND NAME

First thing I'll say is that it's threads like this that keep the forum alive.

Second is that I didn't know that tyres were such an emotive subject. I'd expect these sorts of reactions on a tuning thread but on a thread about an up and coming tyre brand... who would have thought??.

Third is I like many others are going to be interested in the results of how these tyres go in the long term. Yes it's a subjective test. Yes it's not ideal. Yes it's probably flawed in many other ways. But if there is a reasonable tye out there for not ridiculous prices it does give people an option (and keep the other brands honest).

Only way we're going to find out about it is if people write reviews. If the "cheap" tyre brand goes out and spends big on advertising that's also going to be reflected in the price of the tyres and they will no longer be "cheap" tyres as 50% of the cost will be sales & marketing related.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by XeroTAO View Post
    Sure thing dude. Are you just pushing this product? Or are you actually using/testing them?

Im yet to see even a photo of these tyres on your car.
    ...and perhaps the photos of these tyres on the Golf R every 5,000km.

Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    thats great to hear.
    Its fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    First thing I'll say is that it's threads like this that keep the forum alive.
    I never had an issue with the thread, it was only fair that the obvious was pointed out in case someone was reading this and didn't have background on the topic.

Fact is the vaguely known brands really struggle in the tyre tests that *are* run to rigorous standards, so an unknown brand?

We are talking performance tyres here, if you want to cheap skate it on a runabout go your hardest, but why buy a hot hatch or similar and then dull it with lesser rubber.

Good luck to amunra and if he is satisfied that's great.

As for the one post wonder, well that isn't my job to police..

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

I think that most unknown brand tyres wouldn't get on the start line to Motor tyre test as it's made up with brands that advertise in their magazine. Which is why I made the comment about marketing $ and being a cheap tyre without a marketing budget which could well add a significant premium to the price of each tyre.

On the other topic yes it's really hard to know identities online. You don't really know who you're talking to until you meet them in person and put a face to a name/username. Although there may be ways to check identities, you never really know who someone is or what their motivation is for posting on a topic. Some people do it for entertainment, others for recognition and then there's people out there looking to make a buck.

But now we're really off topic so best wait for an update and some pics of those Chinese tyres with 5,000km on them.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    The cheap tyres can't be any worse than the 7 year old Bridgestone RE050A that I'm running. An interesting study in aged tyres that seem to go on forever; spin at the slightest provocation and cause the ABS to intervene very early.

I don't do a lot of km and intend to sell the car next year so next tyres I buy, I won't really be worried about potential lifespan, just noise and stickiness.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    its funny to see all the forum police getting butt hurt and mis interpreting the point of this thread..

my intention was to have a bit of fun with fellow car/vw enthusiasts and possibly inform/help some other golf R / GTI / scirocco / 235- 35- 19r tyre users through dispelling some pre-conceived ideas that ALL chinese owned/made tyres are garbage in general by using 1 brand in particular. - KINFOREST KF550 UHP - that seems to get good reviews and feedback all over the internet through various websites.. customer experiences and personal interactions and on other threads including a GTI forum where they say its the best value tyre for track use..

personally i felt at the time like it was worth the ' ' gamble' ' of saving $1000 on a set of tyres that could go towards other bills that were urgent and possibly getting BEST BANG FOR BUCK BEST VALUE BEST PWICE on my super high performance 150kwatw hot hatch that i drive at speed limit through busy traffic most of the time. unfortunately not 100 km/h over the speed through red light cameras and SIDE WAYS around round abouts like a true andretti wannabe golf R driver.

but seriously.. what would anyone else know through actually buying and experiencing a product.... stuff consumer experience or feedback... WE GET TOLD WHAT TO BUY ! ! !! RIGHT ? ! ? you gotta see it on an tv ad, billboard or have some professional sportsmen or celebrity endorse it for it to be good.. or professional reviewer from established review site with a fancy write -up to be legit.... it seems a personal experience means nothing these days compared to someone elses 'opinion' based loosely on something slightly different or on something they dont know or havent experienced....we live in the world of the insta-genius consumer know-it-all who points fingers and casts judgements without actually being in the same place of experience to comment ... nor willing to open their mind outside their own scope for 30 seconds but still feels like their point is valid.. which it may be to an extent but if you havent actually had an experience with the same thing for your own person or self then the validity quickly comes to an end and then becomes an assumption or personal belief through generalisation but not entirely based on FACT. and then if it cant be backed up with experience they start shooting down everything else till conversation goes off topic.

so yes.. i could post some photos of the tyres on my car if that would help some of you get through your day without suffering rectum pain like you got drilled by 15" but only if golfRRR posts up a photo of his face in the morning / afternoon/ night as well as provides finger prints and hair sample to send in for DNA testing to prove he isnt actually me.

*note sarcasm*

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    *note sarcasm*
    Wow, your fascination with certain acts is concerning - you clearly got a little excited writing about it.

Here's a sad song for you and your tyres.

CHINESE TYRES vs BRAND NAME-capture-jpg

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Amunra. You are taking it too personally. You'll give yourself a stroke.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    The cheap tyres can't be any worse than the 7 year old Bridgestone RE050A that I'm running. An interesting study in aged tyres that seem to go on forever; spin at the slightest provocation and cause the ABS to intervene very early.

I don't do a lot of km and intend to sell the car next year so next tyres I buy, I won't really be worried about potential lifespan, just noise and stickiness.
    As long as these cheap Chinese tyres are fresh, because I saw today Kin Forest tyres on a car that were fitted reacently and they were made in 2014.

I don’t believe for one second that the tyre businesses are bringing here Chinese tyres because they’re good/equal/better than the established known brands or for people that don’t have enough money to get a better tyres. They’re importing cheap Chinese tyres because they buy them for next to nothing and make an absolute killing on them, selling them for few $ less.
    Last edited by Transporter; 07-11-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast