Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SLAJ's Mk4 GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by shami View Post
    look great mate.

Where did you get the strut brace from?
    I got it from Dubaddiction in Springvale

Quote Originally Posted by 2000MN View Post
    Evoms intake looks right @ home in they bay mate Glad you're liking it!!
    Lots of good sounds!! Thanks man
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito View Post
    Good to see you finally got your own thread going man! Car looks sweet as always. In regards to that intake, I'd cut a hole out to mount the icm, if it already doesn't have one. That way the icm has air flowing over the heat sink. Oh and get it chipped ASAP!!
    Thank you bro, that's a good idea for the ICM, I'll do that some time this week. At the moment I've got it zip tied on that plastic under the airbox.
    Chip is coming very soon I can't wait

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAJ View Post
    I got it from Dubaddiction in Springvale

Lots of good sounds!! Thanks man

Thank you bro, that's a good idea for the ICM, I'll do that some time this week. At the moment I've got it zip tied on that plastic under the airbox.
    Chip is coming very soon I can't wait
    Yeah the icms get a bad wrap but as long as you keep them cool it's a very good system. it'll be a different car once you chip it. You'll wonder how you ever got on without the extra power. Careful though, it's a slippery slope!

Quote Originally Posted by Lito View Post
    Yeah the icms get a bad wrap but as long as you keep them cool it's a very good system. it'll be a different car once you chip it. You'll wonder how you ever got on without the extra power. Careful though, it's a slippery slope!
    Trust me I already wonder that all the time! I can't wait to finally chip it.
    I think the ICM isn't TOO bad where I have it now but would still get some heat so i will be better off doing what you said

Users Country Flag
    the first week you smile from ear to ear, and then you get used to it, then you want more, and more power haha

But worth every cent for the tune, there is nothing in the same price range for the same performance upgrade. I'm on Custom Code Phase 2, so much fun when you first drive off haha

Quote Originally Posted by Swainey32 View Post
    the first week you smile from ear to ear, and then you get used to it, then you want more, and more power haha

But worth every cent for the tune, there is nothing in the same price range for the same performance upgrade. I'm on Custom Code Phase 2, so much fun when you first drive off haha
    Haha I can just imagine.
    The worst thing for me is getting back into my car after driving my mates 230kw S15.... It really kicks in just how slow it is but then I love it again a week later

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAJ View Post
    Haha I can just imagine.
    The worst thing for me is getting back into my car after driving my mates 230kw S15.... It really kicks in just how slow it is but then I love it again a week later
    The golf will always be faster than the s15 because the cops aren't pulling you over every 2 blocks to try and give you a yellow sticker....

Users Country Flag
    Car looks mint man. Wish I was in melbourne so I could attend some meets with these black mk4's! Nothing much ever happens down here haha.

X5's look crazy, must be some rubbing going on. When I bought mine it had 19's on it and it rubbed all my guard liners out quick smart!

Users Country Flag
    what were the specs for those black wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by undisclos3d View Post
    Car looks mint man. Wish I was in melbourne so I could attend some meets with these black mk4's! Nothing much ever happens down here haha.

X5's look crazy, must be some rubbing going on. When I bought mine it had 19's on it and it rubbed all my guard liners out quick smart!
    Would be awesome to have yet another nice black mk4 down here

Yeah there is a lot of rubbing, I've raised it about 10mm all round so it doesn't rub as much as it used to. It's mainly the back so I think if I got 15mm adapters I would be fine to lower the back again

Quote Originally Posted by shami View Post
    what were the specs for those black wheels?
    They were 18x9 et20 all round with 15mm spacers

Users Country Flag

how do you think 18x9.5 et 38 go? theoretically should fit?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast