Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: My other German fling: Mk6 GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Finally got my Golf R xenon headlights after wanting them for about 2 years. Thanks to the guys from VCDS Coding & Diagnostics Sydney who supplied the headlights and Morimoto HID kit for me. https://www.facebook.com/VCDS-Coding...5278264843598/

The headlights are from Eagle Eyes in Malaysia and too be honest are better quality than i expected them to be.

They look so much better than the stock halogen headlights and the light output is about 400% better. The quality of the beam pattern and light cut-off is not as good/crisp as OEM xenon headlights, but they are good enough for me as they are a huge improvement over the stock halogen headlights.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Got bored so i purchased the Spulen muffler delete kit for the turbo. Was going to order from USA then saw someone selling a brand new one on Facebook for $100. Score!

Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete Kit - 2.0TSI - SE-004KT

Replacement Spulen outlet is a nice smooth design and removes all the mess of sharp edges and sound-reducing slots of the OEM setup. Theres no extra power or response etc, just some more pronounced turbo spooling which is always good

Jack up drivers side. Wheel off. Inner guard liner off and remove the turbo discharge pipe. Just realised i forgot to take a pic of the finished product...whoops.

While i was under the car i noticed my accessories belt is showing some wear and tear so i have ordered a new one - only $25 for a new Continental belt....probably the cheapest thing i have ever bought for this car!. Also noticed that i have got an oil leak which i believe is the rear main seal.......grrrrr. Been quoted around $400 to replace the rear main seal. Need to get that fixed in the next few weeks.

Out with the old...

Removing the OEM turbo muffler outlet

Comparing the OEM muffler outlet with the new smooth flowing Spulen part

2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    So I am the new owner of this fantastic car and feel I should continue this thread. After a couple of months getting used to it- the mods are going to start again. I am initially going to focus on interior mods before moving to the exterior and engine!

First up- rcd330G- awesome and highly recommended. The resolution and responsiveness is miles ahead of the rcd510. CarPlay is great ( main reason is steering control for Spotify) .

Still need to install the rear camera adapter next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Past - 2006 Mk5 R32, 2012 R56 Mini Cooper S
    Current - 2010 Mk6 GTi - Build Thread

Nice one - the new head unit modernises the interior nicely.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenalroc View Post
    So I am the new owner of this fantastic car and feel I should continue this thread. After a couple of months getting used to it- the mods are going to start again. I am initially going to focus on interior mods before moving to the exterior and engine!

First up- rcd330G- awesome and highly recommended. The resolution and responsiveness is miles ahead of the rcd510. CarPlay is great ( main reason is steering control for Spotify) .

Still need to install the rear camera adapter next week.

Is that the rcd 330+ or a different unit i am looking for which one fits in a mark 6 (mine is a highline not gti but should be the same)

Thanks
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag

My other German fling: Mk6 GTI

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    Is that the rcd 330+ or a different unit i am looking for which one fits in a mark 6 (mine is a highline not gti but should be the same)

Thanks
    It's the rcd330+ - it's model name is noname rcd330+ (don't ask me why!) which only has CarPlay. There is a Desay model which does android auto. Fits mk6 perfectly and best place to get it from is aliexpress.

Users Country Flag

Unibrace xb installed. An absolute pain in the arse to install but worth it. Lots of reviews going either way but all I can say is wow. 90% of the low speed creaks and rattles gone and the car seems so much more planted through a corner!

Hey mate, did you end up getting the adaptor to work to use your OEM reverse camera?

Users Country Flag

My other German fling: Mk6 GTI

Quote Originally Posted by golf2001 View Post
    Hey mate, did you end up getting the adaptor to work to use your OEM reverse camera?
    I couldn’t figure it out myself but had the guys at euro car upgrades on the sunny coast figure it! It works great except there is a delay once you shift out of reverse, the image freezes for a few seconds - something to do with how the oem camera is powered

Users Country Flag

Decided to upgrade the interior lights to led. 15 minute job and makes a big improvement to the interior.

Lots of kits out there but I used Bold Sport. Had the same set in my r32 back in the day. Clear white with no blue and lasts quite a while. Red footwell lights of course.

Top tip for the footwell light on the drivers side- remove the bolt holding the obd2 and light housing and change the light that way- makes life a lot easier.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast