Support VWWC

Thread: MKV GTI 06 Garage

MKV GTI 06 Garage

Hey Guys

Been keeping track of how my car has evolved in the year and abit i have owned it, brought the car in December of 2012 second hand in Mackay, and from the moment i took it for a test drive i had to have the car, it has served me very well since then

Details on the car
    CAR 06 golf gti
    COLOUR blue
    TRANSMISSION DSG

Suspension mods
    Tower strut brace
    H&R sports springs (lowered around 20mm)
    VF Engineering side engine mount
    VF Engineering pendulum mount
    VF Engineering transmission mount

Cosmetic mods
    Stubby antena
    L.E.D lisence plate lights
    Full blue L.E.D interior lights
    Maniac paddle shifts
    front number plate holder delete
    L.E.D Rear tail lights
    H.I.D Projector headlights (8000K Hyper white)
    Angel eye conversion
    L.E.D Park lights
    Projector FogLights (3000K Yellow)
    Rear Wiper Delete
    Turbosmart 52mm boost gauge with new south performance vent pod holder
    Plastidipped 17" Denvers

Performance mods
    ECS Tuning geomet slotted and crossdrilled Brake Rotors
    Stainless steel brake lines
    forge DV
    Sprint booster
    ECS tuning lightweight underdrive crank pulley
    Unresonated turbo air pipe

I Previously drove a BMW E46 3 Series

i then moved onto the GTI
    When i first got it

First mods were the stubby antenna and LED rear licence plate light and interior blue lights

I then Dropped it by 20mm with the H&R springs while i had the wheels off i also upgraded the brakes with ECS geomet brakes and stainless steel brake lines

The BMW wasnt exactly a fast thing so i didnt bother with getting a 1/4 mile time or anything but with this i was very keen to see what it was capable of so i went to my first meet at Palmyra Dragway I was on the right

a couple cosmetic mods were next just to give a small but noticable personal touch
    Paddle shift extension

i then installed the engine mounts unresonated pipe and ecs underdrive crank pulley due to a "mechanic" F*** up if you could call the guy a mechanic, while i was there i installed a turbosmart boost gauge and i also took out the rear wiper

LED Brake lights

New headlights, LED Parker with HID Projector and LED angel eye conversion

and also Projector Foglights with 3000k Yellow

and then plastidipped the wheels

and the finished product of where i am at today which im happy with atm, there may be a couple small things to come but nothin major in the works as we speak

Users Country Flag

MKV GTI 06 Garage

Good to see the build on here as well man. You looking into Valeo LED tails by any chance? Noticed you had different tails.

Deadpool (GTGUY)

Sent from my eyePhone in the year 3013.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Good to see the build on here as well man. You looking into Valeo LED tails by any chance? Noticed you had different tails.

Deadpool (GTGUY).
    The ones on there atm were from Mars performance, they were different to anything i had seen so far so thats what drew me to them however i managed to break them already and i now have some moisture in the left hand light(easy fix just got to reseal it) they have some pretty good stuff on there and they are australian so its quick delivery turn around for goods

Quick update, I'm still having some fuel issues where I get cut out under heavy acceleration, in the process of changeling my fuel filter, hope it is this however I have ordered a cam follower from Tim at Dub Addiction just incase as this hasn't been changed in the 45k km I had the car.

I also brought a 42dd catch can kit as I noticed oil in and around my oil cap, had a quick read and was going to down the path of a bsh PCV fix but was convinced to go ahead with a catch can and I also brought a Volant intake

The fuel filter was easy to replace, had it done in about an hour, there are plenty of DIY's on it if you google it, I pulled out the fuel pump fuse as well and ran the lines dry before jacking up the car, saved me losing any fuel, however some did still spill out and lucky I had safety specs on as I'd probs Ben in hospital wit fuel in the eye haha

As this didn't take me long I figured that I'd have plenty of time left to replace my coolant hoses, I brought ones from Craig at BWA again another preventative measure as I've had the car for 45k now and I haven't changed them and I doubt it they had been changed often before I brought the car as well, I have most of them change however I have 2 left and I started running out of time so the car is sitting there with out coolant at the moment but will get stuck in early tomorrow morning

I wasn't expecting to much more but I got more back from tax than I was expecting, however the misses isn't to happy about it, specially with our baby girl due any day now, I'm just lucky she loves me haha, stay tuned for when all this is done and I'll have some before and after shots of this all

Ah looking back on fonder times haha, I miss driving the GTI however im in a 2015 Amarok now and ill be starting up again with the Amarok with current mods, pics and near future mods stay tuned