Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread: Lito's MK4 GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Bought a link g4+ plugin ecu. Now im the tuna haha.

Wrapped my intercooler piping, so bling haha

Users Country Flag
    I think your strut top mounts need some attention 😂😂

So this a little bit bitter sweet but this thread will no longer be getting updated. A couple of days ago i bought a TT225 with a blown engine. The plan is to swap the engine and anything else i can from the gti and then part the rest. The golf was an awsome car and has taught me so much. Im happy that i get to take a little bit of it with me on my next automotive adventure. If anybody wants any parts i have a thread up on face book, just search carlos gomez and look for the profile pic of my chihuahua. And yes i know this post is useless without pics

So I had a change of mind and I’ve decided to keep this thread alive, I think it’d be easier just to keep everything in the same place. The TT seems to like eating parts more than the golf did, I guess that was my fault as I have the car running on flex fuel now and boost was turned up to 25psi.

A few months ago my turbo blew on the way home from a track day, the ball bearings failed, wheels contacted housings and there was a lot of smoke haha.

The Garrett GT2871r was replaced by a Mambatek GTX2867r with an external wastegate welded to the exhaust housing

Everything was going great, then at 23psi my clutchmasters fx400 started to slipLito's MK4 GTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In between the new turbo and the clutch going I did a few things including a friend making me a custom stainless exhaust with a plumbed-back-to-atmosphere wastegate pipe Lito's MK4 GTI. I made a 4” intake, got a heat sheild for the coil packs, wrapped the downpipe and I’m sure a few other things I forgot.
    New clutch looks beefy though

It’s a RTS Automotive clutch supplied by GTM performance. Currently done around 150km of bedding in and so far it feels amazing. Pedal feel is a lot nicer than the fx400. Once I get some bigger injectors, I’m maxing out 1000cc at the moment, I’ll turn the boost up around 30psi and see what happens haha.

Users Country Flag
    looks like a weapon mate and the new hardware sounds the goods, keep the updates coming...

Thought I’d give a bit of an update. The TT is still going strong and draining my bank account haha.

Got myself some 2200cc injectors, an 034 intake manifold (large port) and custom 3” cold side cooler piping.

And just scored this QS bumper this week. Gonna take a lot of cutting to get it to fit though, damn intercooler.

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast