Support VWWC

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KIRSTMs '98 Polo Mk4 6N

KIRSTMs '98 Polo Mk4 6N

My girl friend recently had an incident in her mirage, and the time came to get a new car.

I first joked of getting a VW, but after a lot of googling/ebaying/carsales and so on, all opposition was ruled out for one reason or another and we ended up at two cars. Mk3 Golf or Mk4 Polo.
    After looking at 2 mk3s and 2 polos, Kirst had her heart set on the polo you see below.
    In desperate need of a car it was a winner. new car feel, full vw service history, 112,000km on the clock, roady already complete, A/C, dual airbags, 4 doors (for more whores), and a quick 1.6lt manual.
    the colour is a bit of a weird one (like her mirage...) in some lights its blue, next its a pale purple. But should look sweet with a good clean and some polish/wax over her.
    Car came with 14" enkeis and new rubber so its off to a good start.
    Car should be picked up monday/tuesday

Thanks to Woody and Jarred for the time spent driving to inspect cars, and putting them through their paces.
    Also to Tim for giving the polo a once over and for on the spot bargaining haha.
    I'v been banned from building a silly low stance car, or building/buying wheels that will make the car impracticable/cop bait as the car is a daily (fair enough...), but i do plan a few minor/cheap mods that have to get the approval of the owner

On the list...
    clear/chrome side indicators. I have some of these at home from the bora.
    Clear front indicators to match headlights
    All red tails, or red with some clear/smoked sections. anything to lose the orange
    stubby aerial
    tinting
    new headunit and speakers. will come from the mirage at this stage as i upgraded that some time ago.
    new floor mats/make up clips to stop them sliding under the pedals
    custom number plates from the mirage once the other car is moved on.
    rubber boot liner.
    'polo' badge delete.
    aero wipers all round (hopefully the mirage ones will fit for a start)
    VWWatercooled sticker. already had a no on stickers, but I insist she will be supporting the community

Future mods....
    Wheels... already have 15" RS on the brain, colour coded centre with polished lips and bolts. something that will also give a little width to get some wider rubber on
    Springs... no rough/low ride here, maybe some 60/40 drop springs just to close up that wheel gap and give it some improved handling (not that its bad for a stock car now...)

hoping for a really tidy, reliable and practical daily, that is fun to drive, and still turns a few heads.

Enjoy,
    Dylan and Kirstin

I was really impressed with this polo.

Price was just about bang on, the car drove really well. nice and smooth, nice and tight, very perky engine.

Realistically, it would be fine just as is, for most peoples GF's atleast

Just have to twist Tims arm and get the paint shining nicely. I reckon it'll come up a real treat with some polish.

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

I have always wanted to see one of these with decent fitment. It's obvious that the only way to go with this is bags. That way she can drive it normally and you can drive it sacked.

Users Country Flag
    I'm sure we can get this paint sorted and looking shmicko!
    White Scirocco R
    White MK3 Golf 2dr
    White Caddy (Work Van)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    Realistically, it would be fine just as is, for most peoples GF's atleast

Just have to twist Tims arm and get the paint shining nicely. I reckon it'll come up a real treat with some polish.
    yeah most... but not me, it has to be different. can be all done on the cheap bar the wheels and springs, and even then i bet i can sort the wheels...
    Ill prob spend a day giving in a good clean all over, and if im still not happy itll be having a trip down south for sure

Quote Originally Posted by ffoff View Post
    I have always wanted to see one of these with decent fitment. It's obvious that the only way to go with this is bags. That way she can drive it normally and you can drive it sacked.
    there was a pretty cool black one in PVW a while back.
    ha and bags will be way out of the question cost wise...
    Plus i really dont need the problem of something going wrong with this car

Users Country Flag
    man I have quite a soft spot for these things, they handle like a mk1 (three wheel everywhere!) and are a great city car package.

shattered I sold mine :'( ah well! Hope it serves Kirst well hey!

I had some weitec 40mm drop springs, that really didn't drop it that much at all. i'd be going some 60mm drop springs just to close the wheel arch gap
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

Users Country Flag
    have always wanted to see one of these modified
    will look damn cool with some not too hectic stance and a nice set of wheels
    Radiators are over rated

Im a big fan of the orange indicators. Bit of JDM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoLfMan View Post
    man I have quite a soft spot for these things, they handle like a mk1 (three wheel everywhere!) and are a great city car package.

shattered I sold mine :'( ah well! Hope it serves Kirst well hey!

I had some weitec 40mm drop springs, that really didn't drop it that much at all. i'd be going some 60mm drop springs just to close the wheel arch gap
    ill be digging up some pics to see how yours sat, doesnt need to tuck tyre or anything out there, just close it up as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Glynn. View Post
    have always wanted to see one of these modified
    will look damn cool with some not too hectic stance and a nice set of wheels
    thats the plan. 15x7/7.5 seems to go at the moment, but ill get the car home and lowered before i start measuring up.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Boy View Post
    Im a big fan of the orange indicators. Bit of JDM.
    i dont mind the front ones... but the tails and sides have to go, and in doing so i think the fronts could go clear too.
    does any one know if the facelifted models (6n2) was just that, clear fronts and sides with all red tails... or is there a change in body shape that would prevent me from running 6n2 gear in this 6n...?

Users Country Flag

Some form of badge less front grill would also set it apart from the rest, bit of an idea
    Radiators are over rated

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast