Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Foxpuppets Passat Alltrack B7

Users Country Flag

Depends on the labour rate mostly.

Filter is about $45, at 0.3hrs to swap out.

Based on reviews from other members I ordered a travall boot liner the day before we picked up the car. Quite quick despite sitting in customs for a while. Rolled out nicely and the fit of the lip is spot on below the luggage tie down points. However it seems to be a little narrower than the sides right near the tailgate.

obligatory box shot

rolled straight in

gap down sides (snug length ways and across at the seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed over the last few days that the consumption display in the MFD has a strange read when initially starting moving. It jumps immediately to 49.9L/100 and holds there until the shift from 1st to 2nd gear regardless of how many RPM the engine is running at.

All other shifts run from much lower consumption points at the normal shift points & RPM
    Is it just a fault with the readout? anything to be concerned about long term?

Users Country Flag
    Is that the long-term consumption, or instantaneous?

Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Is that the long-term consumption, or instantaneous?
    Instantaneous.

Users Country Flag
    I would say it is fairly normal.

Think about it this way; it takes more effort to get a car moving, than to keep it moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    I would say it is fairly normal.

Think about it this way; it takes more effort to get a car moving, than to keep it moving.
    Yeah I suppose, my transporter never hits that high though, 27-30L/100 tops if I really put the foot down.

But it's the strange figure & no matter how hard I press the accelerator it always hit and stops at that 49.9 mark. I'll see if I can make a video to record the revs and speed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I heard that reading can be a health indicator for the fuel pump,49.9L/min is the maximum and it means the fuel pump is strong as new��
    My R36 always shows 49.9L/min under hard acceleration.

BTW, I don't have the gap issue of the rubber liner, it fits perfectly. Maybe it needs settle down or the storage cover needs adjustment ?
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Quote Originally Posted by Passat R36 View Post
    I heard that reading can be a health indicator for the fuel pump,49.9L/min is the maximum and it means the fuel pump is strong as new��
    My R36 always shows 49.9L/min under hard acceleration.

BTW, I don't have the gap issue of the rubber liner, it fits perfectly. Maybe it needs settle down or the storage cover needs adjustment ?
    Well the car is reasonably low km

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool car mate! Nice photos too.

I sat in a Habanero Orange one of these in Wolfsburg and loved the thing. Maybe some day I'll get into one again.
    Mk3.Mk4.Mk1
    My Mk1 Project

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast