Thread: forsakencrew's Bora 4mo, Chopped!

forsakencrew's Bora 4mo, Chopped!

Not that she looks like much at the moment, but I thought I'd post up my Bora 4mo as it stands.
    I don't have any recent photos, but I have some from when I bought it, and from a year ago (should really get some more happening).
    So far I've done a lot of service/repair work, stubby antenna, CAI, welded up a custom catback with my old man, plus a few other little things. More to come! Criticism/helpful hints welcome!

First day being parked outside my house

New headlight lens covers

CAI/bay

Users Country Flag
    That's a great base to build into what you want. Some lows and big wheels are all you need to turn it from family car to something sweet.

nice 4mo. just bought mine and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    That's a great base to build into what you want. Some lows and big wheels are all you need to turn it from family car to something sweet.
    Thanks! Wheels will come eventually!

Mines done over 300,000k's and it has been passed down to my sons (38 & 23 year olds) and we all still enjoy driving it. I guess I have been lucky but the engine has never been touched and it still has the original clutch.
    2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it

It's been a little while since I've posted about the bora, but she's sitting on roughly 190,000km, and is running beautifully.
    Ive had her parked in my driveway for about a month with no rego, but I plan on driving her again when I get back from NZ.
    So far since the last post, she's been through a whole bunch of cooling repairs, some seals, and she's on her second exhaust revision.
    Which brings me to my next question.
    At the moment, the exhaust runs through two resonators and a magnaflow straight through muffler (all 2.5", mandrel bent etc). The exhaust is crazy loud, which was fun, but is now a real pain in the ass when you're driving home in traffic of a night time. The magnaflow has to go!
    Whats the general consensus on what rear muffler is the go to guy? I do still want some bark, but no drone.
    Would you spend the money and get a Varex or just go for something simple like a Lukey VT? Or is that still going too far? Should I be looking at something with more baffles in it?

Users Country Flag
    Because exhaust gas cools down as it travels through the exhaust system you need smaller (diameter) pipes to keep up the pressure otherwise the gas flow slows down and you lose efficiency. Why don't you try a smaller rear muffler - about 2.25" instead of 2.5"?

Surely that would take some of the noise out too.
    the only reason it's at 2.5" now is that's stock sizing (albeit with a hell of a lot more restriction).

Users Country Flag

How big is the size of the Magnaflow muffler? and the resonators?

If you want to stick with straight through muffler, you will need to use the biggest mufflers you can fit under the car. If size is restrictive then adding more muffler to help tone down the volume.
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI - SOLD
    2014 Race Blue Octavia RS 162TSI Combi

Check out my leather work ----> http://pedsnro.blogspot.com/