Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Thread: DYLAN8 01 Bora

Users Country Flag

So expensive! How much of a hassle to take out the air system to get cleared? Everything have to come out?

Struts and bags out. Management out. Left all the lines and wires in the car and just tucked them into the body. Dean at volkwerke helped me out with the struts and made life so much easier

Users Country Flag
    Seen this unique beast on the back of a towie today.

What happened ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyCarMods
    I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book.

-| "Laura" - 2001 Bora 4-motion (now sold) |-

Rear air fitting was damaged while i was in apollo bay on the weekend meaning i had no pressure in the rear left.
    Couldnt get the part to replace it quickly and easily

So bora had a much needed wheel alignment post road worthy and re bagging the rear.
    camber was matching each side at 1.5deg but toe was all over the place. made the car super sketchy at anything over 80km/h.
    blew another tail light globe (dont know how many of these iv replaced over the years), seems to have blown normally rather then the burnt globes I was getting. think the burnt globes was from vibrations caused by the compressors?
    passenger low beam had been a bit hit and miss for a while, found a loose connection on the ballast connector.

10 years on since I purchased the bora
    gone from 60k km to 278k km
    multiple wheels
    highs and lows
    3 defects
    hand full of trophies
    plenty of good times and friends made via VWs and this forum

still on OG clutch (who says VW arent reliable)
    here is a picture summary

Have been focusing on the Vento and house renos the last year or so and the bora never really made a come back post the last defect.
    I still have a couple of sets of cool wheels stashed away waiting to be run on it so hopefully can make that happen soon.

This thread has basically come to a end. Both my cars got smashed by the hail just before Christmas.
    The bora was a write off

After racv refused to honour some of the modifications listed on the policy (been paying extra for them for the past 8 years or so mind you...) we decided to strip the car of everything. Much thanks to water boy, thestu & madglf3 for helping.
    Brakes, control arms, hubs, whole rear beam swap, interior, air ride, headlights, fog lights, tail lights, HU, bumpers, grill. Was a nightmare and had issues getting the stock brakes to bleed up again.

Only to find out after I had handed the car over there was a buy back option (racv said they don't offer it even though they legally should be or something...?), so another few days wasted on the phone meant I got to pick up what was left of the car (plus the extra damage racv/tow truck had caused to it while it was out of my hands) and continue driving it. It's a pretty sad sight, but it's doing daily duties nicely until I can work out what's next. I'm sure I'll be back in a mk4 one day as I feel there is unfinished business so holding onto most of the good parts for now.

Very sad to hear, your thread was one of my favourites in vww. Hope you're back again soon!

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    '09 mk5 Jetta 118TSI
    '11 C7 A6 3.0TDI
    '11 B8 A4 3.0TDI - RIP

Users Country Flag
    Thats terrible to hear. I'm pretty sure it was pictures of your bora floating around the internet years ago that inspired my bora love. Hope things turns around for you.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    This thread has basically come to a end. Both my cars got smashed by the hail just before Christmas.
    The bora was a write off

Sad to hear this Dylan - given the sets of wheels you've no doubt got stashed away I hope to see you back in a Mk4 soon ...

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast