Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: DYLAN8 01 Bora

Quote Originally Posted by SoVeReIgN View Post
    Nice !

Drop it and get VW centre caps for those wheels and you're set!
    yeah drop will be happening if it doesnt sell for what i want and car is still running ok...

i have the centre caps. when i first put the wheels on i put the centre caps on with double sided tap to see what it looked like and i hate to say it but both me and my dad prefered it without, i want the centre caps on but they make the wheels look smaller or something? the chrome centres make it look bolder, not sure what it is... if i had 19s id put them on but yeah.

Switch install for my driving lights...

I know its not the best looking thing, but didnt want holes in my dash etc and wanted to run them seperately to hte rest of the lights. at worst if i took them out i jsut buy a new blank cover.

Ultra blue headlights.

this shot is with the lights off in the day, the day light and other cars headlights make the housings light up blue (can only see a little of this in picture) to the point they match my number plates. they light up signs from miles away, and are so much easier on my eyes when driving at night, dont work very well with street lights and while theres any sunlight, sort of cancel them out
    Still havnt got a night shot, will get one compared to another car.

some pics of the damaged boot paint (looks worse in real person and is spreading day by day)

the dodgy paint runs across 1/4 of the top of the boot and down the right side of the boot. if the car doesnt get sold in the next few months the boot will have a full boot respray.

So while i was at it, probably going to take off the 'bora' badge for now, but was wondering about the vw logo, has anyone done this? how does it effect the locking of the boot? if i took this badge off it would be filled flat, and hte front logo would also be removed (but i dont think itll happen) what do you guys think? if it changes your view of it, the number plates will be different and in black with white letters, and the 'inverted bodyboarding' sticker on my back window has now gone (due to a current large amount of local hate towards me in the surf line up and some of the locals residents)

Users Country Flag
    car looks great mate.
    Im looking at getting some of the driving lights/fog lights too for my bora, but am not sure wether to go the LEDs or the H3 bulbs... It seems like you changed to the bulbs? what do u recommend?

As for badging it, I definitely prefer it without the bora badge (did it to mine), not too sure about the VW logo though....

Keep us posted with what u decide...

Cheers
    MkIV Bora [SOLD]
    MkV GTI PIRELLI

Users Country Flag
    Looks ace debadged, you should definitely do it if you have the funds and all that jazz.

the A8's look okay but they are on so many cars now, some Brabus SLR's in polished silver would look hot as hell on it though!

Last edited by team_v; 13-10-2009 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ben View Post
    car looks great mate.
    Im looking at getting some of the driving lights/fog lights too for my bora, but am not sure wether to go the LEDs or the H3 bulbs... It seems like you changed to the bulbs? what do u recommend?

As for badging it, I definitely prefer it without the bora badge (did it to mine), not too sure about the VW logo though....

Keep us posted with what u decide...

Cheers
    I had the LED 1s (typical off ebay) they dont do a whole heap other then look good and can be seen by on coming cars, sort of like DRLs i guess.
    The H3s are super bright! brighter then any fog/driving lights you see on a holden/ford/subaru/jeep. Only problem is because i fitted them in the same frame the LEDs came out of they arnt very adjustable, they are facing the ground most of the time (might change when i lower the rear more and level it out but dont know). But if you get them with frames that they belong with you might have better luck.

Yeah im not sure about the vw logo now either, if i did id have to take the front off and then people might think its a astra or something haha.

Bora badge is gone for sure, cant do it though due to it being painted around last time, so have to wait for it to be sprayed before i can do it

Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post
    Looks ace debadged, you should definitely do it if you have the funds and all that jazz.

the A8's look okay but they are on so many cars now, some Brabus SLR's in polished silver would look hot as hell on it though!

Yeah im a bit over the A8s, when my tyres wear out id probably look at getting new wheels in a package again.
    Those wheels do look sick, but im not a fan of 'open' wheels on my car as the rear brakes are so small it looks kind of stupid.
    1 thing is for sure if i do replace them ill be going for more width and pushing them right out to the arches.

Thanks for the comments

Also have coilovers, floor mats, and a vwwatercooled sticker now
    (fronts aren't in and rears wound all the way up, looking bogan i know...)
    No more sub and amp either!

Last edited by dylan8; 13-10-2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: more info

Users Country Flag
    Alright the H3's it is! Thanks for the advice.

Let us know how ur coilovers go once they're in and settled.. Might be something ill Look at doing once I have some money haha
    MkIV Bora [SOLD]
    MkV GTI PIRELLI

Users Country Flag
    YOUR **** IS BANGIN MAYYN, hope i see ya down the eastern suburbs soon bra, cant wait to see it rollin.

wicked job

Quote Originally Posted by ben View Post
    Alright the H3's it is! Thanks for the advice.

Let us know how ur coilovers go once they're in and settled.. Might be something ill Look at doing once I have some money haha
    All good, will do. Let us now how your lights go too.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp1 View Post
    YOUR **** IS BANGIN MAYYN, hope i see ya down the eastern suburbs soon bra, cant wait to see it rollin.

wicked job
    Thanks mate, probably wont be down Melbourne way again until DOVW, you going?

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast