Thread: eBay script killing site speed

Users Country Flag

eBay script killing site speed

On 90% of page loads the request to 'adn.ebay.com' stalls and the page takes forever to load.

Not sure if there is a newer cdn to link to or whether you can store the js locally?

Users Country Flag
    The only place eBay should be loading is in the classifieds section (which has the little scrolling thing at the top). I'm keen to get any details you have (or anyone else who is having the same issue) so I can look into it further.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    I had the same issue as well. From memory the browser was waiting for adn.ebay.com or something like that.

Users Country Flag
    Is it all pages or only certain sections?
    Which browser are you using?

I've tweaked a few things, try it again now and let me know if that's any better.

If not, try going down to the bottom left where there is a drop down to change the style, try "VB Default" and let me know if that fixes it.

Otherwise I'll keep digging to see what's causing the problem.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Not slowing mine down at all Am on V2 fixed width
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    I'm not seeing any issue over here either with either Chrome or Safari. I also have a little tool that tells me what ads, tracking, content providers, social plugins and a bunch of other things are being loaded and I'm not seeing anything from ebay.

(unless I got to the classifieds section where I know there is an automatic listing of VW related parts at the top).

I also see no difference in behaviour between default and VWWatercooled V2 (fixed or not).

Users Country Flag
    From memory, it was only happening in the classifieds section, on Chrome... I don't see it happening anymore.

Users Country Flag
    Good to hear. I updated a few things and tweaked a few settings to be sure. But hopefully the problem is gone now.

Users Country Flag

OK, the issue is still happening on the classifieds section every now and then.
    The header of the forum loads, then the browser (Chrome) waits for adn.ebay.com.

eBay script killing site speed-vwwcapture-jpg

I have a 500 Mbps fibre link at work, so I'm sure it is not a connection quality related issue.

I have a managed to partially capture the traffic and saved to a HAR file.

I will PM you the file so that you can analyse it.