Thread: vw diesel mechanic in Coffs

vw diesel mechanic in Coffs

Put petrol in my TDI golf last night. Started it, seemed laggy and rough, turned it off, went to restart and it wouldn't turn on. Was going to complain about the poor diesel. Finally clicked what I'd done. No idea what / if I've caused damage.

Anyone recommend a mechanic up here to take it to?

Users Country Flag
    How old is the Golf?

If it's an '09-onwards MK6, you may have done a fair bit of damage to the injectors and pump.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

2009 mk6... I know, hoping that its not so bad as I didn't drive it, but we'll find out. Just trying to find someone up here that knows what they're doing with diesels

Users Country Flag
    An old trick in such a situation, perhaps too old for your VW; this I don't know, is to fatten the gasoline with a few liters of mineral 2-stroke-oil. Old diesel engines will burn oils much heavier than diesel itself. Gasoline, diesel and 2-stroke-oil is made from the same raw oil, yes, with gasoline being light, diesel heavier, and 2-stroke even heavier. A mixture of the heaviest and lightest should bring about the middle, this being something akin to regular diesel.

It should be fine if you haven't driven it. You just have to drain the tank. The easiest/fastest way is to take out the rear seat and remove the fuel pump. Then siphon out all the fuel. Then fill with diesel. My wife put 18 litres of 98 into her 2010 diesel 125TDI to top up the tank to full. She then drove 18 kilometres at speeds up to 100kph before noticing that it wasn't running right and stopping. The car has done quite a few thousand k's since including 1,000 this week.
    2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it