Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unleaded into Diesel Tank

Users Country Flag

Petrol into a modern diesel will generally kill it, stone cold dead. And your insurance company won’t have a bar of it.

what I find interesting is the lock on many diesel bowsers (warning label press to release etc), while no such lock exists on petrol bowsers. Yet petrol is much more volatile. And diesel into a petrol tank won’t hurt anything, will just run like a pig.

although I have tested the current VW mis-fuelling prevention device in my diesel filler with a petrol bowser (that is asking for trouble imo), I can confirm that trying to add any kind of additive is a right pain in the arse because the misfuelling device stops you even putting the neck of the additive bottle down the filler
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by doc_777 View Post
    I was under the impression that Australia only had one remaining refinery (in WA), and that the vast majority of our fuels were imported already refined.
    Wikipedia says there are still a couple of others open.
    List of oil refineries - Wikipedia
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gldgti View Post
    Wikipedia says there are still a couple of others open.
    List of oil refineries - Wikipedia
    BP Bulwer Island in Brisbane closed about 3 years ago. Now owned by Caltex next door, so Brisbane still have the Caltex refinery going. It supplies all fuel (all brands) in QLD now is my understanding.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

You still have Altona as well but it would be a brave soul to suggest one brand is better as they share their fuel with each other.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Westy View Post
    You still have Altona as well but it would be a brave soul to suggest one brand is better as they share their fuel with each other.
    Yep the only difference is the additive package they put in for the premium fuels but all normal fuels are the same
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    Yep the only difference is the additive package they put in for the premium fuels but all normal fuels are the same
    As a tanker driver I would tell guys that and they still swear that one brand was better, when your loading you can see at some terminals the additive going in and where it's coming from. Company brand fuels use the same additive for 95 and 98, The non big brand fuels usually only have base 98/95 without the additive.
    Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition My18

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123