Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TDI 1.6L Injector Problems

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jets View Post
    I agree, the Mk6 has a prettier butt.
    I remember a figure of 45 hours to build the Mk5 while the Mitsubishi 380 was around 19 hrs. I always thought the detachable door skins would cost assembly time compared with the traditional way, but having never looked at a Mk6 close enough, I have no idea what else VW did to save production costs.
    If my memory serves me correctly, I remember reading somewhere that they reduced the component count in the dash by 35+ parts in the Mk6 compared to the Mk5.

The mk6 Golf body is less expensive to build yet has an even higher quality feel and greater refinement. This was done by streamlining the manufacturing process and simplifying electronics and assembly modules. The number of pieces and complexity of assembly was reduced and more laser welding process was used. Reviews have stated that the stiffer chassis has resulted in better handling/comfort, everything else being equal.

This quote was borrowed from Revisions and differences on the new 2010 Jetta and Golf TDI
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag

Just took my car for a blue slip MK6 Tdi 1.6l 77kw and was told two injectors leaking on the outside (numbers 3 and 4), where can i source a couple of replacements or can these be repaired?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234