Thread: Pinching EGR Actuator vacuum hose against dipstick tube, WTF will it work?

Users Country Flag

Pinching EGR Actuator vacuum hose against dipstick tube, WTF will it work?

this is for 2.0L BKD TDI, as title says it, instead of going ahead for an EGR delete and buying all the kit first i have to see if its worth the time....

now some say to block that vacuum hose, but i can't find a way to block the nipple side. so.. since the rubber tube comes so close to the dip stick tube, i put 2 cable ties there to pinch the tube so there will be no passage. will that even work and has the same effect as EGR delete? i took it for a short drive, no check engine light, didn't notice any different and the EGR pip that goes into intake is cold, does that mean it's working?
    Pinching EGR Actuator vacuum hose against dipstick tube, WTF will it work?-20180126_092611-jpgPinching EGR Actuator vacuum hose against dipstick tube, WTF will it work?-20180126_092631-jpg

What is the update on this? I too have read about blanks, full delete kits, plugging the vacuum hose + extra hose (plugged) on EGR diaphram.

Users Country Flag
    Judging by the oil coming out the bypass ports, that EGR valve is stuffed anyway.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

i did not think to notice that. Most obvious now though. I wonder what the deal is. Most likely happened before he ziptied the hose

Users Country Flag
    I have installed a Blanking plate on my Diesel Nissan Navara ,, Hopfully its doing its job

You will get CEL after about 50km of driving... but thats about the extent of the negative effects.
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

So on the vacuum, non-electronic EGR BKD TDI would the CEL throw at all? Is anything else affected?

Users Country Flag

You'll probably notice a loss of.power and excess fuel consumption.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0