Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: The mk3 1.9L TD power-quest

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Roles View Post
    Good stuff mate, cleaning out manifolds has to be one of the trickiest jobs there is.

Also good to see you maxing out the impeller housing space, way to go!
    approached with enough gusto, water pressure and persistence, its not too hard.....

one interesting thing - when my car was stock, its had EGR which I removed about 90,000km ago. At the time of removal, I cleaned out the stock manifold of all the sludge.... but without removing teh head from the engine, there was no way to clean out in intake ports, which were just as fouled as the manifold.

Anyway, I had a good peer in there today, and all of the sludge is gone. I guess lots of air, the bit of blowby oil and maybe some water vapour has cleaned it all out over time When I removed the EGR, my car had about 165,000km on it. Just goes to show - just like quitting smoking - its never too late!
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Hey folks, just to let all you maybe interested dieselers, I'm selling my beloved mk3. See post in classifieds section.

With the cabriolet to work on and a mk1 project car I havent touched in a LONG time, it is time to find something newer, and less time consuming, so that I can actually get into the mk1.

I actually shed a tear a few minutes ago posting up my FS ad.
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Sad to see.

you diesel was always a bit of an inspiration! and you've certainly done some great stuff to it,.

Just wondering, how do you find the uprated engine mounts? Noticable (unpleasent) increase in vibrations?

and did the 16V cupra 280mm discs fit straight on with early VR6 calipers? Or did you have to fiddle with the carriers? (i'm getting parted up for a brake upgrade atm, which is why I ask )

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

jarred,

I actually swapped the cupra 16V knuckles and hubs over. My CL knuckles had the carrier cast in so no swappy.
    the 4 stud 280mm brake kit came on the cupra 16V as well as the corrado G60 and I think the golf 3 GTD.

the uprated engine mounts really helped with response, but there isa little more vibration.
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag
    Well that's sad news, your MK3 has pretty much been the only other decent build going on in the diesel section. You kept me on the path many a time, so I hope to see similar build threads on here mate!

Gee it's sad to see a lot of changes from when i started on here 3 years ago!

I still owe you a boost gauge too mate, due in the next few days ( finally )!
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

thanks Greg.

Check the mk1 forum for the build thread for my wifes TD cabriolet, and soon after there will be a build thread for my mk1 project car, which will be more exciting than this one was!
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425